Thursday, November 19, 2009

Lightning Speed

Life is roaring past at such a fast clip. I can hardly believe we are about to enter 2010. That means almost 10% of the new century has gone by. Unbelievable.

We stayed home last Saturday night, something we haven't done for quite some time. After church Sunday we had breakfast at Terry & Carol's then Michele picked me up for our Southern Living party. Ted watched football on TV and we stayed in Sunday evening too.

I continue to walk with Gerre 3-4 times a week and it feels good to get out and move briskly for an hour or so. My bunco group met on Monday and we made plans for our Christmas luncheon. December is going to be even busier than November.

I returned to the dermatologist for some more "freezing." She said these things really like me but we're determined to keep after them. Then I had to see my internist for a pre-op physical for my cataract surgery. I had an EKG, chest X-ray, blood and urine labs. I sure hope this suffices for both surgeries. I don't particularly want to do this a second time.

Wednesday evening I went to the country club for Happy Hour and left about 7:00 to deliver five pairs of PJs for the Houston Reserve Unit deployed in Afghanistan. Emily was not home yet so I had to bring them back home with me. She called right before I got home and we agreed I would take them to her on Thursday evening.

Today was our neighborhood ladies' luncheon. I chose Casa Imperial since the restaurant at the Conference Center was booked with a golf outing. I'll keep that one in my back pocket for the next time it is my turn. I picked up a few things at Tuesday Morning and stayed home until I did my run to Emily's with the PJs. They needed 96 pairs and were 9 short as of last night. She said a church came through for the last nine so they had a pair for each soldier in the unit.

Ted had driven to Austin on Monday and back on Tuesday. He went shooting on Wednesday and then flew to Midland/Odessa,TX today and will be back tomorrow. This has been a very busy month for him also.

Tomorrow we get our picture taken for the church directory. Most were taken over the summer and we assumed we just wouldn't be in it. But they have one last call to those that missed so we're taking advantage of it. Tomorrow night is Wind Down at Jody and Dave's followed by bunco on Saturday night with the St. Anthony group.

My neighbor is getting married on Sunday and we're attending the wedding and reception with other neighbors. They are in their late 70s and I'm sure it will be a very nice service.

I'm going to the Harwin area of Houston (wholesale district) on Monday with Ann. I'm looking for a new arrangement for our master bath but not much else. My Christmas shopping is pretty much done. The kids want rental cars paid for, Universal tickets, Disney tickets, etc. so it has been easy for me.

I guess by Tuesday I better get to the grocery for Thanksgiving dinner shopping. Kristin flies in that morning and Terry & Carol will be coming over for dinner. Friday we are taking Kristin to San Antonio and San Marcos for the weekend.

By then it's the first week of December and my surgery. I'm going to just take the month one day at a time. It is jam packed with events but I have to see how I do. They said I can drive as soon as I feel I can see well enough to drive. My other eye should be OK, right? So I figure I'll be out and about quickly.

Just in case I don't get back here before next Thursday - Happy Thanksgiving to all. I am grateful for all the people in my life and the great things that God has done for me and my family.

No comments: