Thursday, May 8, 2008

A Very Quiet Week

Monday I had a doctor's appointment to have blood work done for a new Lipitor prescription. And then I left the doctor's without it! I had Dr. Chang look at a growth on my foot that I've had for years. He said it wasn't a callous or a plantar's wart and said I should see Dr. Barclay down the hall. I made an appointment with his gal for Tuesday.

While I was waiting on Dr. Barclay the next day, Ted walked down to Dr. Chang's and got the prescription so we could drop it off at Walgreen's. It's important that we get my Lipitor and his Previcid all set before we take off for two months.

Dr. Barclay said what is on my foot is a clogged sweat gland that has built up skin to protect it from the pressure of being walked on. He cut some of it away and used an electric file to wear it down. He advised a cream and pomice stone three times a week. It doesn't hurt so I'll do what he says and learn to live with it. I just wanted to know it wasn't anything to worry about.

Wednesday I had my hair cut and colored. After lunch I had a pedicure. When I got home Ted was not feeling well. He said he felt achy and he was running almost 101 temp. He took some Tylenol so I'm hoping he feels better today. He is hardly ever sick and it worries me when he gets the least little thing.

We've received no calls from Dr. Ertan. Baylor Clinic did call on Monday to see how Ted was doing. I'm not sure if they'll tell us what the cell brushings indicate or not. That may be more for their information on how things are going. They are looking for genetic markers. There are 3 markers they have identified that increase your risk of BE turning to cancer. Without them the chance is nil, with one 6%, two 25% and all three about 80%. Research is being done on this at the Fred Hutchison Cancer Research Center at Washington University in Seattle. It's still in clinical trials and routine testing is not available just yet.

We're getting our ducks in a row to leave on 5/16. We're spending the weekend at Rayford close to home. That gives me an opportunity to run back and forth to get whatever it is I've forgotten. We always make bets on how many times we'll run home over the weekend. We bought the TV boxes we'll need for the RV analog TVs and we'll try to get that hooked up. John, our TV guru, is coming Saturday for dinner and will have a look. WalMart had them for $50 and we had the $40 government coupon we sent for. My tax dollars at work!! The guy at WalMart didn't know what to do with the $40 card. I told him I didn't either because I've never had the government give me anything before. He ran it like a credit card and it worked. The boxes ended up costing $10.68 each and we may really need only one. John will figure it out.

Next week will be busy as we do the countdown before we take off. My entries may get more sporadic but hopefully more interesting. Our two months will be spent with friends and family. The only "new" place we're stopping is Davy Crocket Birthplace State Park in Limestone, TN. And we're doing that to visit Howard who lived across from us in DeBary. He and Ted are best buddies and great shooting partners. We'll stay in that area 4-5 days so they can shoot together before heading for home.

No comments: