Sunday, May 11, 2008

Last Weekend Before Leaving

Ted continues to be bothered somewhat with whatever it is he has. He is still visiting the bathroom too frequently. I can find no connection between this and his procedure. We're thinking lunch at the Wok or samples he ate at the other stands may be responsible. We ate the same lunch but he had several samples that I didn't. However, he is getting better.

We went to the Methodist Church Home Decor Sale on Friday. Marleah had to cancel so Ted said he'd ride over with me. We are looking for an oil for above the mantel. We didn't find one but I did find a brand new changing pad cover from Pottery Barn Kids for $3. They are $19 at the store and this still had the tags so I put it in my "present pile." With the constant stream of invitations and announcements we receive from our large families, someone will be able to use it down the road.

Saturday night we played Canasta. We both scored in the middle so we didn't win anything for play but I did win the $5 consolation prize ... and I randomly picked my own scorecard. But I didn't look!

Today is Mother's Day. I received cards and gifts from all the girls. Kara sent tickets to the Hoopee Dee Doo Review for our trip to Disney in August, Kelly sent money to buy tickets to Neil Diamond but they are already sold out and Kristin sent a Talbot's Gift Card. Also, Kara called just as we were leaving for church this morning and Kristin called as we were on the way to church. Afterwards we went to an Italian restaurant for lunch. I received a long stem red rose and a free glass of wine to go with my food.

Ally was Confirmed yesterday and Cassie went to the prom. Kara said it got to be a real race because Mass went for almost two hours and Cassie, who was Ally's sponsor, needed to be ready by 7:00. They had to "jump the line" to get a picture with the bishop. Ally knew a family from dancing and they let them cut in. Kara was the photographer and she wasn't leaving without the proper photos.





Tomorrow's Canasta has been cancelled. Jennifer has the same "distress" that Ted does. Ted has a dermatologist routine appointment in the morning. We have some stuff in the trailer but need to gather the rest up. We also have to go to the post office to Premium Forward our mail for about six weeks and then have them hold it for 30 days. I'm glad we're going to Rayford because we can open the RV, put everything away, run home for what we forgot and leave with some degree of peace of mind.

No comments: