Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Rest of The Week Before We Leave

Ted's trip to the dermatologist went well. He froze a spot on his nose and gave him "chemical warfare cream" for a spot above his eyebrow and the edges of his ears. Ballcaps don't protect the ears and I need to convince him to wear a hat with a wide brim all the way around. My job is to watch for red spots on his face and forehead so he can put the cream on them too if any develop.

I played bunco Tuesday night but didn't win even though I was a sub. In fact, the whole group was subs but it was fun because I got to see people I normally don't run into too often.

Wednesday night was a birthday party at the country club for Jody's husband Dave. Happy hour was at 5 p.m. with just the girls and then at 6:30 the party was in the library. This is where Ted's 60th birthday party (2004) started before we went in to eat brunch. There were cocktails and several appetizers. The cake was decorated with huge magnolias (out of icing). The gal did a marvelous job on it. It was a great time and it was after 10 when we got home. I hit the couch and was out like a light. Ted left me alone and at 2 a.m. I got up and moved to the bed.

Today was the Newcomer's End of Year luncheon. I received a certificate for being an Activity Chair and also a "halo" for being an angel. Someone nominated me because of my willingness to hostess things even when it isn't my turn, taking food to members in need of a hand, driving people to doctors when necessary, etc. I just think of it as "the right thing to do." But it was certainly nice to be recognized and appreciated.

Tomorrow we head to Rayford. I'm having trouble with the clothes I'm taking. It is still cool up north (compared to here) and I have several social things that require more than my "camping" clothes. Then you get into special lingerie, jewelry, dress shoes, etc. that I never carry in the RV. And to have several things to attend only complicates that matter. Once we get set up tomorrow I'm going to take stock of everything I took over there and may bring some of it back home.

The next time I write will probably be from Cincinnati. I don't know which of the campgrounds have wi-fi and even when they do, a lot of times it isn't too reliable. I know I can go to the Comfort Inn breakfast room down the road from Indian Springs and use theirs so that's what I'll be doing for the two weeks we're there. When we hit Michigan I use Kara's wi-fi at home or the Rochester Library. Until then, safe travels and God bless.

No comments: