Thursday, December 29, 2022

Christmas 2022

Kelly, Pat and Cassie arrived safely on Friday, so that was a big relief.  I had made taco soup, cornbread and a fresh fruit pie in a chocolate crust for dessert.  Not knowing just when they would get in made this plan work best.  They settled in and Saturday we just visited and made preparations for our Christmas dinner.  

At 4:00 we went to a neighborhood restaurant not far from church where we were seated in about 10 minutes followed by prompt delivery of our food.  Every plate was cleaned so it was a good choice.  We arrived at church in plenty of time to park and get seats.  Masses were going to be said in the church, gym and brand new Chapel of  the Angels, our newest freestanding addition to the campus.  It filled up entirely as I am sure the other two venues did too.  It was my first glimpse at the new building and it is impressive with almost 30 relics displayed in individual monstrances along the south wall.  I will return to peruse them more closely at another time.  

We went home and opened presents so the mess would be over with and not dealt with Christmas morning.  I received two blouses that did not fit, one too big and one that fit but was not comfortable across the front.  Kelly and I will return them.  All the others fit, along with a white cotton cardigan to take to the Middle East where periodically I will need to cover my shoulders and wrists!  You all know how sexy my wrists are!?!  Kara gave me a cross body small purse to replace my last one that had the strap break and a cross body travel bag to put that white sweater in along with a scarf to cover my head, an umbrella for the sun, a water bottle, phone, etc. during our cruise.  

Monday we spent getting things back in order.  So much had been bought and brought, things were in need of being put where they belonged to regain a semblance of order.  After dinner we drove to Hockley to see the Gullo Christmas lights.  




Cassie was taking a bus to Austin on Tuesday so we stayed close to home.  Ted and Pat changed out our thermostat because we have been unable to use our phone to regulate it.  Something to do with a 3G thermometer and 5G router and phones.  Pat also replaced a switch in our bathroom that was not working properly.  They drove Cassie downtown to Greyhound and got her off.  She arrived safely and in time and was met by her friend.  This friend will take her to her Uncle Bob’s in Dallas to meet up with her folks on Friday.  Kelly and I took two gifts to Amazon Return at Kohl’s and made a stop for some groceries at Walmart.  Then the four of us went to Joe’s Italian for dinner. 

Wednesday was shooting for Pat and Ted with Ted’s buddies and Kelly and I headed to the Premium Outlet mall to Chico’s.  I had several things to return and wanted to buy two specific items if they were available.  We were told that a few of my items were from Chico Boutique vs. Chico Off the Rack.  So I returned what they accepted and bought a pair of “travelers” slacks to use when I have to pack my clothes.  I had my eye on a simple black sheath dress but they didn’t have it.  

So we stayed on 99 to 45 and went to the mall.  I was told there that the items didn’t come from there either!  I told them I mostly order on line and what I liked best was knowing my size and I didn’t pay much attention to which store because they send me about 16 emails a day!  So I came home with some of  the items, one of which MAY fit Alexa if they aren’t too big (size point 5) but the size one shorts will fit, I just didn’t need them.  While there, I tried on 2 dresses to see how they fit and the size one fit great so when I got home I went on line and ordered the black dress.  

Thursday is packing day … Pat and Kelly head to Dallas and we will be moving the motorhome to Woodlands Lake campground to get ready to leave.  I took all the pantry items and meds over and put them away.  Tomorrow we will do the cold food and the rest of our clothes.  

We have lost two friends recently, both unexpected.  The husband of a friend in both Forum and Newcomers who was a regular in my bunco group for 18 years lost her husband to a cerebral hemorrhage the week before Christmas.  Our neighbor for over 10 years right across the street from us down in Mission died in his sleep Christmas Eve.  It is so sad to lose someone so unexpectedly, especially during the holidays.










No comments: