Saturday, December 3, 2022

So Busy and Some Wonderful News

I had some trouble getting my haircut last week.  I was asked to come Saturday instead of Friday.  Because I have had trouble in the past with changes/cancellations, the last thing I did was check my phone.  No messages.  I drove a good half hour to get there only to find Cindy was not there and the only message she left was to tell some man she wasn’t coming in.  No message for me.  I was really upset!  If this was an isolated occurrence that would be one thing but it happens a lot.  I texted a message.  “I am leaving the salon and driving back to The Woodlands.”  I heard nothing until Tuesday “I will be back at the salon on Thursday.”  No apology, just an assumption I was going to be okay with it once again.  I never answered her and got a haircut elsewhere.  I won’t need a haircut until we are in Mission so I am good until sometime in April.  I will get my hair cut right before we come home.  I will worry about it then!

On Wednesday I had an 8:55 am mammogram with tomography at M D Anderson for a 35 minute appointment.  They took me in at 8:55, I left at 9:30.  I had to drive home two miles and the results were on My Chart when I arrived.  These folks never fail to impress me.  It was all good too!  Thank you, Lord Jesus.  

From there I went to a local restaurant’s party room for a holiday card party with lunch.  A group of 36 women were invited to attend.  It was great seeing so many friends, lunch was fine, but I didn’t win!  The overall winner had 11 points, the biggest loser, over 500!  I had almost 200 I think  

Thursday was a different group from Newcomers having lunch and taking a tour of the Tomball Historic Village.  What a pleasant surprise to learn of this jewel of a complex.  I didn’t even know it existed.

It was Forum Sustainers up on Friday.  We took Harris County precinct buses to Cartex, a lavish Christmas decorations business.  I looked for a new garland for the mantel but everything they had was so big!  It would be a great commercial property place to shop but I didn’t see anything that filled my need.  From there we went to the Houstonian Hotel complex.  Their penthouse was rented by George H W Bush and he used it as his TX residence while in the White House.   We ate in a stylish dining room with excellent service  and food that was very pricey.   This was the decoration in the lobby,


Meanwhile back at the ranch … I have been searching for  a cruise that would take us to Maastricht, The Netherlands to see the Andre Rieu Orchestra. First ship stopped when there was no concert, the second stopped in July and normally they perform the entire month.  I was so excited, was talking to a travel agent and then “boom” 4 days in July were deleted from the calendar, one of which was our dock date there! 
 
We gave up and said we will just wait until they post the US schedule which they did on Wednesday this past week.  Lo and behold there were two convenient for us cities - Detroit and Columbus!  The problem was when they went on sale at 10 am Friday, I was to be on a bus to Houston. I texted Kristin and Kara to see if they could try to get tickets. 

I waited and waited for her to respond and she called me on my way to Tomball on Thursday.  While working with the Red Wings folks reserving a suite and dinner at the arena to entertain customers, she asked the young man if he had access to the Andre Rieu tickets. He said “who”?  Then he remembered an email he had disregarded. Guess who now has two floor tickets, row 6, on the aisle at a $100 per ticket discount because of his colleague status!  And a day before they hit public sale. Our seats are right at the top of the orange F. 


What a great week I had!  Ted and the kids were all so delighted because this had been on the top of my bucket list for so long and Ted promised me would go wherever we needed to this year to see him. It couldn’t have been any better, date or city. We will just start our summer travels later and come home at the end of September instead of the beginning. 

 



 


No comments: