Saturday, August 13, 2022

Back Home For Two Weeks

It took until Sunday to get our work done.  For some reason both hampers were full here at home, plus a day or two worth of clothes from traveling and then all the towels from both RV bathrooms and the kitchen.  I had 6 loads to do!  Good thing I did the sheets and remade the bed our last day!

So Monday I took the day off.  No adulting that day! 

There has been paperwork - our church had our building fund info wrong, it went back to 2001 when we moved down here!  I fixed our yearly contribution info early this year.  I asked Nate to fix whatever data bases we could be in with the correct info.  Time will tell!  

The Expedition needed inspection and application for registration sticker.  Ted’s eye doctor bill is messed up.  We paid a deductible at the office because I knew he had not met his.  Then they sent a bill so I thought “maybe they got the deductible wrong.”  It hits my credit card one day, two days later I get a credit, two days later I get the same bill!  I wrote a letter and said “y’all need to make up your minds!”  Stay tuned!

I was able to get the Expedition added to our FL SunPass account.  And Wells Fargo said a new law necessitated them knowing all the Grantors and Trustees listed in our trust.  All I can say is things sure can get complicated!  I haven’t decided if the computer is a help or a hindrance!  

Our two weeks time here is all accounted for.  Some fun things, some routine things.  Maybe when we return the first week in September things will be less hectic!

I forgot to mention another of the Keehan cousins passed away last week.  Melissa’s dad, Uncle Jack, was our dentist until 1981 when we moved from Cincinnati to Michigan.  She is Cousin #7 to leave us.  She had homes in OH, AZ and FL but her memorial service won’t be until October in Canton, OH.  Rest In Peace, Melissa.  You will be missed.  

I had my first return visit since my MDA March appointment.  I had to get blood drawn beforehand.  My vitals were excellent.  Two pages of results showed two things.  Dr. Oke advised me to drop from two to one calcium pill.  My number was one point high.  She suggested I wear the silicone prosthesis at least 25% of the time to keep my back muscles equal.  And that was it!  Everything else looked good.  I have appts. with her next April.  I do have a mammogram and appointment with the surgeon in November.  On Monday I see Dr. C and get him on their 6 month routine.  He will monitor my cholesterol, BP and other non cancer related medical issues that a PCP handles.  I continue to be very impressed with M D Anderson personnel.  

We finally got some much needed rain!  The sprinkler guy is stopping to address two areas not getting proper coverage AND the bull rock creek that is getting well watered but doesn’t need to!  When we return I need the windows washed and the fence builders to redo most of the back fence.  It is 20 years old and needs some TLC!  And then … I am done inside and out … for the time being!

I got a new, bigger sprinkler head to replace 3 small pop ups.  It appears it will fix the brown spot not getting enough water.  I “think” he did the same at the fence but I am not positive.  He did not cap the big sprinkler near the AC, electric box and a whole lot of bull rock used to carry downspout water away.  I made him come back.  He said that bush might die.  We are having the two “corners” redone after the fence is replaced.  The bull rock carries lots of water away so I am not worried about it.  You can see the wet rocks vs. the upper left hand corner that is dry.  I am not trying to grow rocks.  If we had not gone 60 days with no rain, these shortcomings would probably not be so bad. But if the sprinkler isn’t hitting it and there is no rain, gaps become very obvious.  



Friday was haircut day again.  We went late in the afternoon so we stopped at a new pizza place that recently opened for dinner.  We sat outside because it was pleasant.  Saturday was church.  Tomorrow starts our last four days until we leave on Thursday.  






No comments: