Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Out and About

My Arimidex pill did not bother me on Friday and I don’t remember what else I did that day.  We had tomato soup and grilled cheese for dinner.  Not too interesting, huh?  Saturday was our usual, church (I attended) and Ted took Communion to our neighbors afterwards. Then we headed back out to our Mexican restaurant we have neglected over the past several months.  I even had a margarita!  

Sunday I didn’t feel real good but I can’t say it was my pill.  I took one of my Angel Mints that Judy had brought me (she has had cancer twice and swears by these), and I felt better almost immediately.  I got up and dressed to accompany Ted to the Flying J to meet Don and Trudy as they passed on their way home from the valley.  Ted had some gun components he bought to share with Don.  They were both so glad to see us and Trudy said Don was in mourning all season without Ted.  He declared “if Ted can’t come next year, I’m not either.”  We both have our spots reserved!  We made it home in time for Ted to go shooting and I stayed behind and baked ribs.

I had some errands on Monday.  Ted left for his prayer group with his gun club and I went to our church office about not receiving a tax statement.  I went on line as directed and all that showed up was $70 for two $35 boxes of food at Thanksgiving.  Nate was in, said he had been looking at two accounts, one for Ted, one for me and would bring out the proper papers.  Except I forgot to ask which one was right now!   Mass was live-streaming into the office so I went over to the church to go to Communion and stayed until the end.

Ted still was not home so I went to the Clock Shop with our mantel clock that stopped chiming.  He said a spring was broken and it would be several hundred dollars to repair.  It keeps time so I said no thanks but I did need a repairman for my Cuckoo Clock.  The suspension spring broke and it has not been serviced in years!  I will spend several hundred to fix it.  They are coming Wednesday to take it to the shop.  We purchased the mantel clock in Germany in 1991 and the Grandfather Clock in 1973!  Some things are worth keeping.

Finally… on Tuesday I went to play cards at one of the restaurant groups!  I came in second!  WooHoo!  We had lunch there and when I got home I put a whole chicken in to bake.  It was the first dinner I have made all on my own in 6 weeks.





No comments: