Saturday, March 19, 2022

Getting Back to Normal

It has been almost 5 months of stress, worry, tests, surgeries, etc.  Lucky for me, each one presented a better picture than that first devastating biopsy!  Who knew that tiny piece of aggressive, invasive, reoccurring cancer was the worst they would find.  All the prayers by so many certainly helped as news got better and better.  

I have to wait until 3/28 for my prosthesis appointment.  You need a prescription for them and the mastectomy bras to use with them.  In the meantime I have been making use of my Knitted Knockers from Canopy Cancer Center.  They are soft but lightweight and want to climb up!  So instead of just fussing with hair and make up, I have a third thing to add to my getting dressed repertoire!  With careful selection of clothing, you can go out in public with no one the wiser.  

On Monday I played Canasta and finished in the middle, as usual.  Tuesday I had an almost 3 hour lunch with a very good friend but a good bit of that time was due to a long wait for some very simple food!  But it gave us lots of time to occupy the table!  

Wednesday was Newcomers March meeting, lunch and Bingo!  I got down to one number on the final coverall for $150 … but it was not to be!  


I kicked back and relaxed on Thursday.  I have to remember I am still healing from two surgeries and fatigue is one side effect.  

Ted went shooting on Friday so I went to the post office to mail some Angel Mints to our friend in Mission undergoing chemo.  I have found them helpful for digestive purposes beyond nausea which I have not had but at times I just feel yucky.  But that has always been a digestive issue for me.  I hope if he has any issues, these help some.

I decided to use a TJ Maxx gift card I had to buy some new blouses and tops.  Some knits and sheer things may not be too easy to work with and I was told to bring a loose blouse and a fitted top to my appointment.  I bought a half dozen things and went back home.

Nancy stopped by for a visit and our new insurance agent is tying up the last of the insurance renewals.  She has been very helpful.  Travelers Insurance is fine but I want an agent to stay in touch with.  Agents from across the country were sending renewal policies, with info not updated, asking for a payment!  How about a phone call to discuss things?  It should be better with a local independent agent.  Maybe Travelers isn’t the best policy.  Now that we have the policies transferred, info updated and payments in place, Tara can check other companies to consider next year.  Kristin did a lot of groundwork in getting this ball rolling when she was here.

We will go to church this afternoon, take Communion to our neighbors and come home to eat.  We tried Whataburger fish sandwiches last night and I must say they are way better than McDonalds.  We are driving to Waller on Sunday to check out a new campground and will eat somewhere along the way.  So tonight, dinner is in!

No comments: