Sunday, March 13, 2022

It’s Good To Be Back

All I remember about Wednesday is that we had brakes put on my car which entailed running back and forth in both cars.  Ted told me he cannot drive two at one time.  I ran into my friend Teri at the grocery store and I had not a lick of make up on!  We chatted for awhile and got caught up.  I went home and used the leftover chicken and the carrots Kristin left along with onions and celery to make chicken vegetable noodle soup, two dinners in a row!  I am on a roll.

Thursday was our neighborhood birthday monthly luncheon!  However, there were only three of us available and none of us has a March birthday!  But what a great time.  It is more personal when there are just a few and everyone can take part in all the conversation.  Both of these ladies made soup to nuts dinners for us when I came home from the hospital so I picked up the tab.  It was the least I could do.  I didn’t plan it.  The waitress brought one check and I just took it and told her why when they objected. 

Our weekend was totally boring!  Other than Mass, delivering Communion and eating at Mia’s (not as good as I remember), nothing much was accomplished.  On Sunday Ted went shooting and I was gathering what I needed for the Easter Project.  I have all but 4 things for the bag of groceries and Similac, kids’ underwear and slide closing quart and gallon bags for other ministries all coming from Amazon.

I did work off and on with the route we are going to take this summer.  We need to pick up our new recliners being made by the Amish in Shipshewana, IN, then on to the park by the kids for a month.  We will attend Morgan’s commencement ceremony and two weeks later her celebration party.  She is so happy after the past 5 months’ events.  We will go to Eagle’s Nest near Columbus for Ted to shoot with my brother Dan before heading to Cincinnati for two weeks.  We then will start heading south with Gulf Shores, AL in mind but we will see how that goes.  Our aim is to be home early August so at the end of the month we can fly to Florida.  All the kids are going to Disney so we are going to head that way.  Other than taking CeCe to Magic Kingdom while most of the rest take adult days at the other parks, we will do our own thing and meet up here and there. We have friends to visit so a week will pass quickly.

I have relatives coming in October to visit when they finish a cruise in Galveston.  They come on a Thursday and Ted will be in San Antonio at National Sporting Clay championships so they will hopefully stay beyond Sunday to see him … and play Mexican Train.  

That’s all the news fit to print.  Next week is a bit busier so don’t forget to come back and check in. Oh, and my Arimidex is not bothering me at all!  







We 

No comments: