Sunday, March 27, 2022

Getting Dressed and Going Out

We had a terrific ride in the country on a beautiful Sunday drive.  We found the new park in Waller.  It is a carbon copy of one just built close to Tommy and Susan SE of us.  There wasn’t a lot around it but it was a beautiful park.  Next was a stop at Coushatte Park in Belleville that I poo-pooed years ago after a visit with a friend before making a reservation with Texas Boomers club.  That club went there frequently but we never did.  So Ted wanted to see for himself.  He took one look and said “no way in hell would I bring my motorhome here.”  Right again!  

We stopped at Goodson Cafe in Tomball for dinner.  It claims the best Chicken Fried Steak in Texas!  But we both had chicken.  It’s been a long time since we spent an afternoon like that.

I had lunch with a very dear friend, one of the first people I met when we moved to Texas.  It has been a long time since I had even seen her!  We tried a new restaurant and were both impressed.

I did some stuff around the house Tuesday while we had storms passing through.  Wednesday was nice so I took a walk and stopped at Nancy’s.

I got back in the saddle on Thursday and worked at the Thrift Store!  Everyone was so glad to see me but not half as glad as I was to be dressed in my uniform and working.  Susan was doing kids’ clothes and handed me two pair of brand new, with tags, Jordach jeans one 4T, the other 5T.  So I bought them for CeCe to grow into.  New clothes with tags are hard to pass up.  

Friday I went to Canopy Cancer Center and played mahjong.  There were 4 ladies playing and I offered to not play but they insisted they would take turns sitting out.  I played four games and then left to go to the nail salon.  They were very nice ladies and played about the speed I do and do not play for money.  Time will tell if I make it a habit of playing over there.

Saturday was beautiful.  I think with these warmer temperatures I should turn the sprinklers on.  My attempt to get shade garden perennials to grow under our live oaks last year is not panning out.  I think I will do a bit more research and try something else.  We went to church, took Communion to our friends and then went back out to eat.  We have found another couple who collect a pyx with hosts at the end of church and come right to a house 3 doors from Nancy.  We approached them about bringing Communion to our friends this summer.  

I had to return a blouse I bought last week because it had too small slits in the material in the back.  I noticed them when I took it out to wear.  I also needed to get a few things for dinner at H‑E‑B.  So I did a few things around the house and then did my two errands.  I came home and prepared a pork tenderloin, wild rice, cherry sauce and baked apples for dinner.  Ted was working a shoot at the gun club and I had no way of knowing when he would be home so I decided 6 pm sounded good and proceeded and it worked out well.  I am trying to do more and more of my “duties” and getting a routine established.  I have spent way too much time on the couch over the past 5 months!

Tomorrow is my appointment at the prosthesis store.  It is a 1.5 hour appointment and I need to take a few tops for a “fashion show” to determine what needs to be ordered for me.  I am looking forward to having custom things that won’t take me forever to “adjust” until it works right!  Wish me luck. 



 




No comments: