Sunday, March 22, 2020

Days 1-6 Quarantined

I have not been out of the house since I cleaned and waxed the front door.  Ted has gone out to the store most days looking for what we could not find - yeast, alcohol and bleach.  He has everything now but alcohol.  I have lots of very well aged Jim Beam if push comes to shove!

Once everything was put away and the desk in my office was cleared, I started in on my closets.  The guest rooms and linen closets were pretty much ok, just a bit of straightening but my clothes needed a going through.  I now have a bag and box for Paralyzed Vets and a big bag to take to Michigan for my daughter’s friend.   Irene cleaned out some of her things and John brought over a box of toiletries, lotions, hair products, etc. that had accumulated without being opened.  My granddaughters will have fun going through it.  The new Kate Spade make up bag may cause a firestorm!

After eating our roast Thursday and grilled cheese Friday, we opted to "buy locally" at the Mexican restaurant to help them out.  They even included a bag of chips plus styrofoam cups of both red and green salsa like you would receive if eating in the restaurant.  Tonight we are having ham.

We are watching Netflix, keeping in touch with our kids, playing games on our IPads, etc.

This morning we watched 11 o’clock Mass streamed live from our parish and it was beautiful.  The message was "the building is closed, the church is not, because we are the church."  Since we have been gone since before Christmas I had many weeks of offerings to make up for.  I wrote two checks and mailed them to the office.  We are good through the end of March!

We received this photo today from our friends who took us out for dinner on their last night in the valley.  I am pretty sure this is the only time I got dressed up in the 3 months we were gone.



Not much else to write.  I personally don’t know anyone that has Covid 19 but the NJ family that has lost 3 members and has 4 still ill after a big Italian dinner is the family of a friend who has moved away but keeps in touch on FB.  What a heartbreaking and loathsome outcome to befall one family.  Keep all in your prayers please.

Instead of singing Happy Birthday when you wash your hands as suggested, try praying the Lord’s Prayer for all of us.  It takes about the same amount of time and we all need it!

No comments: