Monday, May 27, 2019

A Second Anniversary

Memorial Day will never roll around without me being reminded of my DVT/PE incident in 2017.  Though it has been two years I am just now wrapping up with all the "ologists" I gained on that day.  I saw the GYN this week and have scheduled a mammogram, both routine annual things.

In June I will have another ultrasound on my leg to see what is what with my historically long DVT.  I have no pain or swelling. I have successfully flown to Rome and Hawaii over the last year.  So I am expecting to get discharged from the cardiologist who said my heart was not damaged at all.  There was talk of collapsing a vein with leaky valves but that could cause a clot so I am leaving well enough alone on the advice of my hematologist and PCP.  They all agree I will need to stay on Eliquis for life since no reason was determined for causing the DVT.  I tolerate it well with no unusual bruising, and small cuts and needle sticks do not bleed more than normal

So in the words of Dr. C, I am doing great!

Friday night we had dinner in a restaurant with four other couples and then went to one of the couple's home to play cards.  Another loss!  I can't beg, steal or borrow a card when I need it.  I had ONE Joker all night.  Maybe I am just not good at cards, but it is fun to play.

After Mass on Saturday, though Terry and Carol were there, we had all decided we wouldn't go out to eat.  There is such a thing as too much of a good thing.  We came home to a simple dinner and stayed in.

We are starting to plan for our end of June departure to Nashville/KY/OH/MI/IN and where we are going in August.  We have three people in MT who want us to come out there and two in Nebraska.  But before that I have to think about serving dinner and breakfast to about 100 people at the family reunion.  It also is likely we will join the DOGs (DRV Owners Group) in Hot Springs in September and then travel with Tommy and Susan to Foley, AL in October.  Leaving there we will continue on to San Antonio for the Sporting Clay Nationals the next week.  The RV will get a rest as we travel to Ireland in early November with all Ted's siblings only to return and fly to Michigan for Thanksgiving.  By then we will be looking forward to Mission, TX where we will stay put until mid-March!  Whew!  

The rest of the week was quiet and Memorial Day weekend looked as if it would be the same.  I considered having folks over but many were out of town.  After Mass on Saturday we went to dinner with Terry and Carol and they invited us for dinner on Sunday.  While Ted and Pete went to the Houston Gun Club I made some peanut butter cookies and a fruit salad to take to dinner.  I sent Pete home with some cookies, set a few aside for Ted and packaged up the rest so I wouldn't be tempted!  

We had a delicious steak dinner and then played cards.  I was in first place until the last hand.  There was a card I needed but Carol drew a card without asking if anyone wanted to buy the discard.  I thought she had just picked up the discard.  When I saw it still sitting there I started to say something but she can't hear well and trying to undo what had transpired wasn't worth it so I said let it go and lost!

In the meantime we were invited to Barry and Gerre's pool party on Memorial Day.  Their grandson was not playing ball as expected so they put together an impromptu party.  Again a fruit salad was requested so I just made another one!







No comments: