Friday, May 17, 2019

Behind Again

The trouble with falling behind is it is so hard to remember what I did!  The end of last week was busy.  That is my excuse and I am sticking to it.

I saw Dr. C on Thursday.  He ordered the thyroid panel requested by Dr. W, called in a script for my Eliquis at the request of Dr. P, ordered my refill of cholesterol meds, looked over my two week table of BPs I compiled and proclaimed them beautiful and no need for meds. I left there and went directly to the lab.  Bottom line, no problem with thyroid, cholesterol was 163, so I have 6 months of my two pills and an appointment for the last day in October.  Also, the Cologuard was negative.  I am good, for awhile anyway.

From there I attended our neighborhood ladies luncheon.  Eight ladies attended but we had no birthdays!

While driving home from Florida, my car windshield received a third ding and we developed a six inch crack that made a turn south and kept on for another two inches.  So Friday morning Ted made a trip to Safelight for a replacement.  There certainly is a lot involved in the windshield technology not to mention the several stickers needing to be removed and replaced.  But it went well.

That evening we met Jennifer, Gene, Gerre and Barry at the theater to see “Happy Days.”  The singing by the younger folks was a bit weak but Mrs. Cunningham and the Fonz stole the show.

We were scheduled to have our Couples Shanghai group on Saturday but only three other couples could make it.  So we played four men in the dining room and four women in the kitchen.  I lost!  We had prepared the snacks and managed to go to church at 5:00 and were ready by 7:00.

It was a Cards week for me.  The Canasta group, 12 in all, came to our house for three tables of four each to play.  I had really good cards, scored well but still came in third!  Another $1 gambled away.

Still not done, I went to the 3-13 card game at a local restaurant.  There were about 30 Newcomer members playing.  I was at a table of 5 knowing only one of the other four ladies.  I was in the lead until after lunch when I couldn’t do diddly squat.  So I went three for three in cards!

I colored my hair Thursday and then had it cut.  I wish I had pretty all gray or white hair but I only get salt and pepper mousey brown!  Here’s to Lady Clairol.

Our Installation lunch for Forum was on Thursday at the Conference Center.  It is a time when all the members come together, everyone dresses up and a lot is accomplished.  We recognize the outgoing president, Executive Board, Board of Directors, Volunteer of the The Year and a tip of the hat to everyone that was nominated as Volunteer of the Month throughout the year.  The Provisionals are elevated to Active members and 31 new Provisionals were introduced for this year.  Then we have lunch!



The program was a salute to all the hats our new president will wear.  


No comments: