Wednesday, May 8, 2019

My Happy Place

Finally I was able to join my Forum Friends at one of our Senior Luncheons.  It has been a long time since I have been home long enough to do any volunteer work.  The theme was Summer at the Beach.  I didn’t purchase any bingo prizes recently so I used a small pink and white tin bucket, rolled up two solid colored dish towels and stood them on end and added a tube of skin cream.  I never thought about it but folks remarked it was such a great “theme” gift!  I also took a pound bag of coffee.  My tin bucket was taken right off the bat and there were several packages of coffee and I didn’t pay close attention to it.

Our entertainer had a great voice and sang terrific songs about sun, beaches, travels, etc.  He had an aloha shirt on and kept changing his hat or wig and was most enjoyable.  The Seniors enjoyed him for sure.  Carol introduced him wearing her beach wear.  A couple Forum friends and a Senior had the same thought on beachwear!  





Lunch was chicken salad, pasta salad, fruit salad, roll and a cupcake.  Our kitchen crew did a great job feeding the 200 Seniors.

No comments: