Saturday, December 8, 2018

Hold On - Busy Week Approaching!

Friday we made a long delayed trip to the jewelers with several things for repair.  I needed a second link removed from the watch Ted bought me for my birthday.  They removed one link when he bought it but then it became necessary to remove another.  His Augusta National Masters watch band came apart and needed to be repaired.  He has no plans to part with THAT watch.  I had an earring post come off a gold earring and I wasn't sure if they could repair that or if it would be worth it.  I can't remember where or when I got them.  At first he asked if they were a favorite pair and I expected bad news.  I told him not necessarily and he said it would be $60 to fix.  He then said they were worth $250-300 so I am having it repaired!

That evening we met Barry and Gerre for dinner and I returned her canning jars filled with candy along with the two cookie cutters I borrowed last year.  I wrapped them like a present and we had a good laugh.  We had agreed to stop birthday and Christmas gifts because neither of us need a thing.  

We saw Seussical the Musical and the young cast did a tremendous job.  Such energy!  They will all be exhausted when the 3 weekend run is over.  Santa was in the lobby.  He didn't even ask what we wanted for Christmas but did his impersonation of Howard Cosell!


Saturday was double duty church day.  Normally if a holyday falls on Saturday or Monday, the requirement to attend Mass is waived.  But not on the feast of the Immaculate Conception.  Since we were at the theater Friday night, we went to Mass at 10 am on Saturday,  it was cold and misty and I expected less than a crowd at church.  Wrong!  It was SRO!   Was pleasantly surprised to see so many still attending these celebrations.

We went to the store and came home to make some cookies and then at 5:00 went off to Mass again.  There are different readings for the second Sunday of Advent than we heard in the morning.  Right after, we went to play Shanghai with our group.  What a spread our hostess had.  She really outdid herself.  Neither of us won at cards!

Sunday was laundry day, started working on the Christmas cards, balanced the checkbook and got the Christmas dishes out for next week's dinner.  I decided I need red chargers, the gold ones just don't hack it with the tablecloth I am using.  Irene said I should borrow hers and not buy any.  I haven't been able to find any in stores so I am taking her up on it.  After Christmas they will be available probably or I will have time to have them shipped.  

Monday was a double duty day again.  I had to be at Canasta at 1:00.  Michele had quite a spread too.  I ended up in the middle of the scores as always.  I arrived home at 4:00 and had to dress to leave at 5:00 for Forum's Christmas dinner.  I rode with Sue Ann and Donna and traffic was stop and go all the way.  I was able to visit with many ladies I haven't seen in awhile 


and the food was delicious!  


Ted had returned home from his busy day when I arrived.  I forgot to ask him what he ate for dinner!

Tuesday I played 3-13 again, a new card game.  This was only my third time playing and I came in second.  We eat lunch there and I didn't eat again all day.  When I got home I did the ironing and finished setting my table for Saturday.  Ted went to his shooting league.  A quiet evening was appreciated!

I stayed home Wednesday cleaning and getting ready for our weekend dinner party.  Our neighborhood birthday/Christmas luncheon was Thursday but I forgot to take a photo!  I spent a good deal of time both days shutting down my old email and setting up a new one.  I was spam blasted and have thousands of emails to join every website in the world!  Getting your accounts changed to the new email is the hardest part.  They know the website that started it.  Some black listed place in a foreign country.  They had no other info, just the email address, thank goodness.  I apparently have requested joining Tommy Hilfiger's website over 100 times!

Enjoy all this season has to offer!

No comments: