Sunday, October 14, 2018

Planning for San Antonio

Saturday was busy.  We went to a 50th anniversary open house for good friends.  I find it interesting that so many of our friends have or are close to meeting this milestone.  Birds of a feather flock together!  Fr. Tom was coming in on our way out.  We said we were leaving to go to 5:00 o'clock Mass and he said not to worry, they wouldn't start without him - and they didn't.  

From there we hit Chik Fil A for a bite before heading to Shanghai.  We watched the Astros beat Boston in Game One of the ALCS while I lost at cards and Ted won.

Sunday we went back to Rayford to visit with Tommy and Susan again and to see Stella and Jay who had just arrived from a summer in Colorado.  They were leaving on Monday so we didn't have much time to get together.  There was an accident on the Xway and it took 45 minutes to get there.  We waited awhile before leaving for Sweet Tomatoes where we had an early dinner then went back to the campground and sat outside until almost 8:00 and then left for home.  It was an enjoyable day.  Astros lost Game 2!  

Monday dawned cold and rainy!  Luckily we had made plans with Terry and Carol to see the movie Gosnell about the abortionist and it is extremely well done.  I recommend you see it regardless of your thoughts on the subject.  Afterwards we had dinner at Cracker Barrel.  Then we came home to put warmer than usual jammies on for the night.

I was scheduled to work Tuesday at the Thrift Store and it was so good to see so many Forum friends.  We were having such a good time that I didn't leave at noon but closer to 1:00.  I bought Ted a Lauren down vest to shoot in if it stays this cold next week.  I also got Sam a Star Wars hoodie and Morgan a Pink brand hoodie with the logo printed in Hawaiian flowers.  And the most impressive buy, SIZE SIX designer skinny jeans for me!  A milestone!  




On the way home I stopped at the post office to mail a baby gift to a great niece's baby in Indiana.  I guess that makes the baby our great-great niece.  

Wednesday I worked on getting food and clothes ready for Thursday when Ted would be moving the RV to the campground where Tommy and Susan are staying.  I am trying to avoid taking more than I need so I don't have to carry so much home when we return.  Our Astros are not looking good!

Thursday morning Ted left to hook up the trailer, stop to have it inspected for its license plate renewal and then on to the campground.  When he was ready for me, I left with my car loaded up.  He and Tommy were getting leveled up and working on a leaky water elbow when I arrived.  We got settled inside, I went for a haircut and when Susan came home from work, we went to a new restaurant to eat dinner.

Friday was a trip to a catfish restaurant for an early lunch.  This place gets really crowded.  Except for 3 hush puppies I had a zero point lunch - grilled fish, green beans, and salad with fat free dressing.  All this eating out has to be handled carefully but I can be okay as long as I choose wisely.  

Our Astros went down in flames!  

No comments: