Tuesday, October 23, 2018

It Keeps Raining!

The fellows are having a tough time in the Sporting Clay Competitions.  But they are trying not to let that deter them.  The weather is just not cooperating.  Ted wore his camouflage rubber boots on Tuesday.  

Sunday I had left the ladies suggesting a trip to San Marcos on Monday or Tuesday.  When I didn't hear from them, I cleaned some cabinets in the RV then dressed to go to a mall to use my birthday $25 coupon and $50 gift card at Chico's.  Then Ted called to say all the ladies had come to the gun club.  Considering the weather and how I was dressed. I opted to do my own thing.  I texted Ted and told him my plans stating if I didn't return, Charlie and I could be found on the MTA!  

Record breaking event - I bought a size .5 (1/2) at Chico's in slacks!  I bought a size 1 top and have found I really need to try them on because a 0 in a sweater was too big.  They don't have tops in size .5.  I stopped at Apple because my Maps was not talking to me.  Whatever the guy tried didn't work so it was a good thing I paid attention the night before to have an idea that I have to take the road marked N to go south, then ignore the turn left direction when you are still on the freeway and take the left turn after Military to go back north to the campground on the right (east side) of the freeway.  I texted Ted that I made it home fine but Charlie is still riding the MTA "where his fate is still unknown."

Tuesday the ladies wanted to go to San Marcos so I met them there.  They apparently don't mind the back roads but the highways scare the bejeezus out of them.  Good thing we aren't in Houston.  They were very impressed with the stores at San Marcos and a few charge cards may have melted from use.  We all went back to the farm they are staying on where cooking and grilling was done as a joint effort for an amazing dinner.  After shooting, Ted had the fellows follow him to the RV, he parked the truck and had come to the farm to drive us both home.  

Wednesday was hard rain all day long.  They were so happy to have the day off because without lightning, the shooters were required to shoot.  I am sure scores were impacted.  We all met up in Bandera, Cowboy Capital of Texas, for the 11th Street Cowboy Saloon Wednesday night grill out.  You bring your own meat and cook it on a huge grill, then buy a plate with baked potato, salad and roll to complete your meal.  There is a bar, of course, and a band for dancing.  We had quite a good time.  I even had a gentleman ask Ted if he could ask me to dance, so we did the two-step.  Then I danced with Ted and my brother Dan.  It was a really fun night.






No comments: