Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Jet Lag

I thought arriving home at midnight and going right to bed for a night of uninterrupted sleep would get me turned around!  It sounded good in theory but hasn't worked out quite like that.  I have been falling asleep around 8 and waking up at 3 or 4!  No harm done but I really need to shift that 2-3 hours.  Tonight I am having iced tea with dinner.  It always keeps me awake.  

We unpacked, I did laundry, we went to church and our favorite Mexican restaurant where they have taken to greeting us with hugs, cleaned the house, was taken out for a Birthday lunch and had my nails done.  That's it besides posting all those pictures.

Since I was going to be busy Thursday, I weighed-in on Wednesday.  This was my 4th weigh-in in what is a 6-week Maintenance process so I thought I had two more weeks to go!  Nope!  I weighed exactly the same as the day I left on my cruise, 6 weeks had passed since I made Goal so I achieved Lifetime!  This means I have maintained my goal weight within 2 lbs. for six weeks.  Now I have to weigh-in once a month, stay within 2 lbs. up or down and I will not have to pay anymore!


Thursday was the Continental Breakfast I was helping with so I went to the store to buy what I needed and started chopping and mixing so I was ready bright and early Thursday morning. 

Our breakfast was a success!  Over 50 women came and put a pretty good dent in the food and emptied two 42 cup coffeepot contents and two 10 cup decaf pots!  My yogurt parfait bar received many positive comments and my pico de gallo impossible quiche was all gone.  Here are the hostesses.


It was my birthday so that evening we met Tommy and Susan at Saltgrass for a birthday dinner for Ted 9/27, Susan 10/3 and me 10/4.  Then we went to their motorhome at the campground for cake and to meet two more couples, friends of theirs.  Between the ice tea at dinner and getting home at 10:30, I slept until 7:30!

Friday we tackled the closet in the twin guest room.  We keep the luggage in there along with anything that needs to go back in the RV plus boxes and gift wrapping bags, paper, etc.  I also keep a pile going for the Paralyzed Vets that come once a month.  We emptied it of everything, moved the shelves around and then systematically put things back.  It is amazing the room you can achieve when you get organized!  Next up is the closet in the Queen guest room!

Saturday I went with Irene to an area of Houston where Wholesalers maintain all kinds of businesses,  to look for fabric.  We cut lots and lots of swatches, stopped at the Upholstery shop and feel we made great progress on choosing what will go on her chairs.  I asked to stop at my favorite flower shop and bought a new arrangement for the bathroom.


stop at Central Mart to look around followed by lunch at Cheddar's and it was time to head home.  We were delighted to hear of Kavanaugh's appointment on our drive north.  What an ugly thing that had turned into.  I would not have liked that to happen to anyone.  Character assassination with no proof.  That's just not right.  

We went to church and then out to dinner with Terry and Carol.  And now we start preparing for an RV trip to San Antonio for Ted to participate in the Sporting Clay Nationals.  My brother Dan and a whole entourage is coming from Ohio too.  We leave in a week and a half.



No comments: