Saturday, September 8, 2018

It Is Saturday!

Time is clearly slipping away from me!  I haven't had time to write anything.  I will have to look at my calendar to see what took up so much of my time.

Tuesday was spent getting things back in order.  Remove table leaves, put away pads, etc. plus put all the dishes away that only came out because of our large group.  I also did laundry and tackled some more of the packing.  

Wednesday I had another ultrasound on my left leg.  I will go next Tuesday for the results and learn what happens next and when.

That evening we met in Willis at Mike's to go over everyone's travel plans.  It seems everything is in place and all credit card notifications have been made, the Euros received, questions answered and we will all meet at the airport at 1:00 on Thursday.  Carol is taking us to the airport.

I went to WW Thursday and gained a pound!  She said that was fine, I am doing Maintenance and it is a learning thing to not lose or gain weight and I am still within range with 1.8 to spare.  We ate out twice, had a BBQ dinner for Labor Day and I ate dessert twice.  I learned I can't do all of that!

From there I left for the Thrift Shop to work a shift.  It has been awhile since I saw some of these folks and they were blown away by my weight loss.  When I explained that both my BP and cholesterol meds had been halved and then stopped they thought I should get a job as a WW instructor!  One thing I know I don't need is a job!

At the Newcomers Social I signed up to help at October's Continental Breakfast.  The planning meeting was Friday morning and when it was finished I was responsible for a pico de gallo breakfast quiche and a yogurt bar.  It will be very nice.  Marleah's house is so spacious and there is lots of talent involved in the planning, decorating and cooking.  

Ted started getting his clothes together and I did another load of laundry so he had what he wanted.  However, most of all of our clothes are new because of fit.  It appears we have no problem with making it all fit in our big suitcases and carry-ons.  

Last July I gave my niece 20+ T-shirts to make a quilt.  The shirts came from our family reunions, my 5k fun runs with Gerre, volunteer groups I have been involved with and a few special places and events that mean a lot to me.  I only asked that she put the Minnie and Mickey bride and groom that says 50 Golden Years in the middle.  It was our family T-shirt on our Disney cruise.


It arrived in the mail Friday and I am thrilled with the outcome.  I had no idea how she would use so many different size graphics but she did it!  


So many memories and accomplishments pulled together by needle and thread for posterity.  Thanks, Jill!

Church at 5:00 tonight and then we'll watch the recording of our Astros in Boston!  Ted will be watching college football all afternoon.  Some things never change.

No comments: