Thursday, September 13, 2018

And We Are Off!

Not too much going on this week other than continuing preparations to leave.  

Nothing at all went on Sunday other than a trip to the grocery store.  On Monday I played Canasta and came out right in the middle as always.  

The tiler came Tuesday, removed the top tile and replaced it tipping in.  Then we had to wait until Wednesday for the glass to be reinstalled.  That was done so we are officially done!  I did have to rehang my pictures they took down to lean the glass against the wall and then touch up the paint where they were less than careful.   

I also went for my ultrasound results expecting to set a date for the vein collapse procedure.  But after looking at those results, my results from Dr. C's bloodwork and being advised of the discontinuation of both cholesterol and BP meds, she said she was in no hurry to do the procedure.  So I go back in January.  I was advised to wear my compression stockings on the plane and if I get swelling or pain while walking.  She is amazed I have never had neither.  I did pay extra for our seats so I have no one in front of me and Ted is behind me.  That way no one can lean back into him virtually trapping him, spread eagle, in his seat.  We are both on the aisle.  I can stretch my legs and get up easily to walk.  

Marleah came by to look over the dishes I have for the Continental Breakfast and left with enough stuff that it took both of us to carry it to her car.  This gathering will be about 50 people so much will be needed.  It reminds me of "it takes a village."

Nancy stopped by to run through things that will occur while we will be gone.  She is a Godsend for us since Chris has moved on.  

I went to weigh-in this morning at WW and was down about 1.8 lbs. and that gives me room to gain 3-4 lbs. without exceeding my 2+ lbs. over goal while gone.  They told me if I do exceed 2 lbs. over on my return I should not weigh in until I get back down to no more than 2 lbs. over.  Total loss is 37.8.  The doctor and I both feel this is a good weight and I should just maintain as they direct me.  

No comments: