Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Frustrating!

I finished my blog, checked to see it on my dashboard to be sure it was all there, posted it and voila! It was not!

I cannot figure out what causes this.  I have been writing this for years!  I didn't add any photos, just typing.  Saved it, checked it, posted it.  

I think I am going to start copying new writing so I don't lose it all but I don't know if that will help or if a second attempt would do the same.

Anyway, we had a very wet Labor Day but our guests hopefully enjoyed Ted's smoked pulled pork and smoked turkey dinner.  We played cards afterwards, men in the dining room, women in the kitchen.  I pulled off a Shanghai in the last round and tied for first with Carol.

The consensus on the bathroom is that it turned out beautiful, the "wrong" granite turned out to be the better choice of the two, Ornamental Light versus Dallas White.  We had been concerned about the yellow undertones in the OL and the purplish tones of the DW.  Everyone agreed those dark brown, purplish spots went right with our espresso cabinets and floor tiles.  The OL would have not given the room the "pop" that DW does.  I feel better now.

When everyone left, Barry took his two pliers in the bathroom and in no time had the sink stopper working.  I can't wait to tell our contractor that our jewelry salesman friend fixed it for free!  

We still are waiting for them to take down the glass, have their tile guy fix the shower dam and then have the glass reinstalled.  Until then, we will keep a towel at the shower door.  No word on when they plan to do this.

Next year while we are home, I need to address the flooring.  Maybe I should just move!








No comments: