Saturday, September 29, 2018

Athens

I am not even sure I am doing these posts in the correct order.  I downloaded my 300+ photos in two separate sessions so they are somewhat out of order.

Ted, Kristin and I took the Athens excursion to the Acropolis to see the Parthenon and Temple of Athena.  We had a tour of the city and it is very pretty.  We passed many embassies and government buildings as well as the Onassis Cardiology hospital.  It is the only hospital we saw on the entire trip.  Certainly different than here at home where there are hospitals on every corner of an intersection four miles from our house.  

Once again it was a climb up a long hill but the tricky part is walking on uneven, slippery marble filled with little potholes.  We wondered how often medics are called for broken ankles.  Sure enough one was coming as we left.

Stock photo

 
The back of the Parthenon, the front had scaffolding all over it.  


Kristin


View towards a hill/mountain I cannot identify that shows the city of Athens below.



Athena's Temple

 
The famous 12 ladies of Athena's temple.


Going down the hill was easier than going up!





No comments: