Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Home on Monday

We traveled Sunday from Florida starting at 8:30 to Moss Point, MS arriving around dinner time.  We had gained an hour traveling west.  There was a crash with standstill traffic in front of us so we hit Cracker Barrel.  (Thank you, Waze app!).   We then continued on to Slidell, LA and checked into a motel.  We both were asleep instantly I think.

We left refreshed the next morning and arrived home about 2 pm.  We didn't have a whole lot to put away and the mail was minimal so things were under control.  The next morning I worked on the numbers Sid had asked for.  Do you know how much you spend each year?  I had no idea!  Using the Yearly Total Summary from our credit cards, reviewing the few checks I write repeatedly and my "escrow" account where I accumulate tax and insurance money gave me a good idea.  Then I had to pull out numbers for discretionary spending.  RVG rent, our granddaughter's shower I hosted plus wedding present, trips by car and RV last summer, new furniture in the RV.  I hope he has enough info now for whatever spreadsheet he is preparing!

The window glass where the two seals had broken was replaced on Tuesday and the hairline cracks in the granite (veins they called them) were repaired perfectly on Wednesday.

I saw Dr. C Thursday morning and took my 3 week daily BP reading as requested.  Because my number always stayed in the teens without the pill, and sometimes even lower, he has removed it from my meds.  After a blood test, my cholesterol was 138 so the next 3 months he said no cholesterol pill to see how I do on my own.  He advised I stop the weight LOSS portion of WW and move to Maintenance.  A 4 lb. reprieve to Goal!  I had intended to ask for 3 lbs. because of the two artificial hips but I will take his 4!  

From there I went to my WW meeting and gave them my direction from Dr. C that he had written on a prescription pad.  She told me not to get on the scale until she adjusted my number.  I knew I had been 4-5 lbs. from goal so it would be close.  Lo and behold I had lost 2.2 lbs. and was .6 below goal!  


Now I have to stay in a 4 lb. range for six weeks, no more than 2 lbs. above or below goal.  Not too bad but two weeks of that six will be our cruise!  Wish me luck.

The last bathroom faucet will be installed Monday and in the afternoon the painters arrive.  Just maybe our bathroom will be done one day next week!




No comments: