Monday, May 7, 2018

Lost Weekend (Blog that is!)

Friday we drove to Huntsville to Able Ammo to check on clay bird throwers.  Inquiring minds (of certain people) want to know about them.  We stopped by a new 55+ community on the lake just to look but the models are either too small or too large. Not enough space in the 2 bedroom one story and too much upstairs in the 3 bedroom ones.  I don't want a second story.  Our present house is unique in that in a one story we have two eating areas, three bedrooms, an office and a hobby room plus the standard two baths, FR/breakfast area/Kitchen, a sitting area and laundry room.  I think I will stay put!  We stopped at Vernon's for dinner.

Saturday we went to church and then out to dinner with Terry and Carol.  

Sunday Ted shot and I went out to buy succulent plants to replace the ones that froze in January.  I hope these do as well as they did, at least initially!  Not good to let desert plants out in freezing temps.  

That is a condensed version of a very quiet weekend.  The next two weeks are crazy busy so I want to get this blog thing straightened out if I can figure out what is wrong!

Since my filter removal was scheduled for Monday but then cancelled I had no other plans.  I did clean all the wood cabinets in the kitchen and bathrooms.  Tuesday was my primary care physician bi-annual visit.  He was pleased with my weight loss.  I had charted my BP for two weeks since the hematologist was concerned.  Dr. C agreed and cut that dose in half.  My cholesterol was 131 and he halved that script too!  I have to see him in 3 months to check on my numbers and evaluate the meds.   

I met Judy next door at Panera Bread for lunch after my appointment.  I hadn't seen her since last fall.  We had an enjoyable meal.

I had ultrasounds on both legs Wednesday morning and then the contractor came in the afternoon about the bathroom.  It's a lot easier and cheaper to redo a bathroom than move!  We discussed my wants and my concerns and came up with a bigger footprint for the shower that will be tiled and enclosed seamlessly with a large rain shower head.  The tub will be removed, the toilet room door will  be moved from next to Ted's sink to around the corner to where the tub had been, new granite countertops installed, new tile floor, new faucets, light fixtures and doorknobs.  He will not start until we have all that is needed on hand and then it should be just two weeks to finish.  We have another guy coming so we haven't made a decision.  

Thursday was busy!  First up was my Weight Watchers meeting.  I was on several doctors' scales, all saying something a bit different, so I wasn't sure if I had made it.  I was delighted to have lost 2 pounds for a total of 26 lbs. in 18 weeks.  So I received my 25 lb. charm!


Next up was our neighborhood lunch.  Everyone enjoyed my choice.  I try to pick some place different but I am not sure the others are onboard since Macaroni Grilll, Chili's, etc. keep being chosen.  They had a great lunch menu.

From there I met Ted at the doctor's for my ultrasound results.  I have "leaky valves" and will need to have a superficial vein collapsed but not until the deep vein is able to handle the rerouted blood flow.  She did give me a prescription for compression stockings to help with "pain and swelling."  I told her I have neither so she said to wear them when I fly and as needed!  

And then it was on to our friend's 80th birthday party.  It was a surprise, held at one of our nicest restaurants and turned out very nice.  I saw several people we have not seen in awhile.  I had several appetizers, a glass of wine and a piece of cake with no icing!  That was my dinner!  

Let's hope this will Publish!












No comments: