Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Another Week Is Speeding Along

Monday I did the bed linens, cleaned the guest bathroom and tried on every pair of pants, slacks, capris, shorts, etc. in my closet.  There is now a big box on its way out of here.  Next up will be tops when I get a chance.  They claim you wear 15% of your clothes 85% of the time.  Sounds about right!  We had the leftover lasagna for dinner.

On Tuesday I was invited to a Newcomer's Tea as a thank you to this year's Activity Chairs.  It was catered by Pretty Posh Parties and was oh so formal and classy!  The tables and chairs were beautifully set and we were served quiche, small sandwiches, scones with clotted cream and jam, cookies and tea.  The sugar cubes were pastel colored butterfly shapes.  I won a Panera Bread gift card.



When I returned home I finished up the three loads of laundry I had started before I left while Ted fixed dinner.  We had salads with grilled chicken.  I needed that to counteract all those carbs and sugar!

I got around to my tops on Wednesday.  Now there are two boxes going out and my closet looks so much better.  In the afternoon, friends Kelly and Mike stopped by for a visit.  We are friends through mutual friends and then Facebook.  We have watched their 5 grandchildren and our 4 grow up in our years of knowing one another.  We eventually went to Sweet Tomatoes for dinner and stretched our wonderful visit to almost four hours.  We just might cross paths again in Indiana this summer.  We were so glad they made time to see us. 

Since it has been awhile that I have been available to help at a funeral lunch at church, I signed up for Thursday because Ted had a big shoot and was going to be gone all day.  It was a small group of about 60 people and four of us were able to handle it with no problem.  I made a fruit salad and took it along.  I was home by 2:00 so I still had a long wait for Ted to come home.  

I am having difficulty getting my whole blog to publish.  It picks up what I write at first but if I go back to add, it doesn't publish that.  I will try writing and publishing each time I write to see if that helps.  I am tired of re-typing!

No comments: