Wednesday, May 23, 2018

I Survived!

When we left the valley a week early at the end of March I told Ted "I will be all right if I can just make it through the end of May."  The calendar was so crowded!  Today I attended the changing of the guard at the year end Board of Directors for Forum luncheon.  Now on to ending all these doctor appointments, procedures, trips and the piece de resistance of this summer, the renovation of our master bath!  Hang with me to see how Summer 2018 plays out!

Saturday I was still very sore.  When the filter was pulled out I bled profusely and two people were pushing very hard on my neck.  I wondered if I was going to suffocate, get a broken neck or broken back.  It felt like they came close on all three!

I stayed quiet all day and Ted asked if I would be okay if he went to church and left me alone.  I promised to stay put until he returned.

Sunday our Greece cruise folks were meeting at Mike's so I took a Tylenol 3 so I could attend.  We made good progress considering there are 18 of us.  Some have made plans, including the six of us - Me, Ted, Kristin, Marge, Keith and Steve.  We are touring the Vatican Necropolis under St. Peter's Basilica and houses the tomb of St. Peter.  It was quite involved getting reservations so we suggested that if anyone was interested to email right away.  No one said anything so maybe they are visiting the Vatican that day instead.  We have three groups of six which seems to be a reasonable number for most tour transportation.  Another excursion we have decided upon is a tour of the Amalfi Coast, lunch and a visit to Pompeii.  The rest is still being looked over and we will be deciding when we have agreement among the six of us.  Then everyone will share what they are doing and whether there is room for others if interested.  I think on the ship we will have two tables at 6 pm for dinner and exchange the days experience with the others.

Gerre invited us back to their house for dinner which we appreciated.  When I got up from the table my back protested greatly.  It is just going to take time for all the soreness to go away.

Monday our bunco group played for the last time.  Going on since October 2001, I have chosen to not lead it any longer and no one else in the group wants to.  A huge card group of 40 ladies was started on the same day and it became impossible to get subs when needed.  I have invited them all to lunch in June as our farewell.

I wasn't sure I was up to it but I was scheduled for a shift at the thrift store.  Both bins of baby onesies, pj's, bottoms, bibs, caps, etc. were overflowing so I separated it all by size and transferred it to the proper bins in the store.  Then I used the steamer on clothes that needed it before they could be put on the floor.  I was ready to leave after the two hours were up.  Glad I didn't sign up for four hours!

Since I have to post this without adding more later to be sure it will post, I will wrap this up with a photo of the lovely tablescape at Champions Country Club at our luncheon today.  Menu - vegetable tortilla soup, pecan chicken on greens salad, rolls, tea, fudge and carmel coated vanilla ice cream.  Delightful!  












No comments: