Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Doctor Week

Ted had to be at an Exxon Mobile gun outing all day Sunday.  I took the time to do some paperwork and get our supplies for the Regent Care Nursing Home party on Thursday all in order.  A lot of computer work goes into keeping numbers which are then used in applying for grants.  Who worked, how many hours, preparation time, drive time, expenses for supplies and entertainment, in kind donations contributed and how much.  I will not be here for the Valentine's party so I had to get that ready too.  After red/white/blue in November and red/white/green for Christmas, Gail will need to shop for Valentine red things but she now has the necessary paperwork and entertainment all lined up.

I had my Dopplar ultrasound on my leg Monday.  On the calf I could hear swish, swish, swish but on my thigh it was just shhhhhhhhhh with no beat evident.  Not sure what that means but we will find out Wednesday.

Tuesday I worked as a dresser for our Petticoats and Parasols fashion show.  I was responsible for the Wave, Wac, Twiggy and Flower Child!   The Wave and Flower Child costumes were both worn by Mary Lea so I had a quick turn around on that one.  Afterwards, you have to undress them and get all the items back in their case and into the bottom of the garment bag.  

Our Lucy and Ethel


Our Jackie O.


Audrey Hepburn


Four of us had carpooled so we dropped off many costumes back at the office.

Wednesday it was off to the hematologist.  He said there is blood getting through my vein but the lack of heartbeat sounds probably is damaged valves that don't work as well as they did when I was younger.  There is also an old clot that has attached itself to the vein wall and is nothing to worry about.  I can travel, including flying, without doing anything more than what we all are advised to do - sitting in place flexing our ankles and feet, walking once every two hours, and do not sleep in one position for a long period.  I told him I don't sleep in one position in my own comfortable bed!  I flop around like a fish out of water.  It doesn't bother Ted though.  So now we get on with life!

Not to sit on my laurels, but Thursday was the nursing home Christmas party.  Once again Gail and I had to wait for the lady with the key to come to work!  She must be on flextime!  Our helpers showed up early enough to help us get ready.  Our entertainment was terrific!  He had my heart with Mele Kalekemaka!  I did a bit of a hula to the delight of the residents simply because we have been in Hawaii several times for Christmas and I have seen it done a lot.  There was a special excitement in the room, a real boon to us who try so hard to reach the residents.  

When I left there I headed to the hospital for my pre-op paperwork and tests.  It took 1.5 hours to give four vials of blood, have an EKG taken, and answer a million questions for paperwork.  I am wearing a red bracelet now to indicate my blood tests have been done.  I had been gone for 8 hours and felt like I put in a full day's work.  We went to Mass at 6:45 for the holyday and grabbed a bite afterwards before heading home.

Friday morning brought us only the second snow we have seen in our area over the last 16+ years.  



It was 36 degrees.  The temp never went up much all day but the sun came out and melted the snow.  I had an 11:00 nail appointment and streets were dry when I drove north.  I had a bit of down time that afternoon because Ted was gone.  

Saturday I left the house at 7:15 to meet up with the Willis gals.  We were heading to Coldspring, TX for their town square Christmas bazaar.  I had on socks with my shoes, jeans, a sweater, my winter coat, gloves and hat which gave me a terrible case of "hat hair" during lunch!  We all walked around viewing the vendors' goods but I only bought a jar of home made salsa the girls raved about.  Lunch was at The Hop, complete with jukebox.


I arrived home in time to put my sweet potatoes in the oven, I had prepared them before I left.  Then I had to get dressed again and freshen my make-up and try to fix my hair!   Our Shanghai Christmas potluck and card game started at 6:00.


Poor Connie who handles this group was sick and couldn't attend.  What a shame.  We had a lovely dinner but I had terrible cards all night and ended up second last! You win some, you lose some.














No comments: