Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Our Week in New Braunfels

The guys were up REALLY early since they had to drive NE to SW clear across San Antonio to the Nationals shooting venue.  Morning traffic is a bear so they gave themselves lots of time.  I was up at 5:00 so I straightened up a bit once they were off, got myself ready and waited for Sue to wake up.  It was a long wait because she slept until 11:00!  

It was after noon before we took off.  We had to drop a prescription at Walmart which happened to be on the way to the San Marcos outlet mall.  We shopped all day, each of us doing some damage to the credit card.  I find outlet malls redundant but this one has higher end stores you don't see in any other outlets.  I bought a few things for myself and a Christmas present or two.

At about 5:00 we stopped to eat because the fellows said they would eat on the way home.  When we were finished they texted they had changed their minds and would eat meatloaf sandwiches at home.  We had a few more stores to check out before leaving.  A stop at Walgreen's got us the bread, chips, Sprite, ice cream and Tide we needed to take home.  

When we arrived, they were all on the porch cleaning their guns.  They didn't think they had done too well but a check of scores posted said otherwise.  I set the table and got the meatloaf, bread and chips ready along with the last of the fruit and some cookies Whitey's daughter had made.  I think they were all too tired to say much.  Before 10 everyone was in bed.

Tuesday we went to the venue to watch the shooting.  The fellows rented us our own golf cart since Dan's only holds four and we are a total of five.  We followed them around to be their cheering section.




Afterwards we visited some vendors and the guys drooled over some Kolar guns.




Ted has one, bought back around 2000, and doesn't seem too interested in buying a new one.  Good!!

We decided to eat at Logan's and from all the clean plates I think everyone was very hungry.  I was since I had a yogurt for breakfast and an apple for lunch.

Wednesday the scheduled shooting was 3:30 pm so everyone slept in and I made French toast, sausage and scrambled eggs for breakfast.  When the fellows left around noon, Sue and I took off to visit the antique/junque stores of New Braunfels.  Sue bought lots of stuff - some gifts, some craft projects, some household items.  I bought one thing for Cindy and Tim's lake house.  It matches the decor and I just thought it would be a nice addition.  Disconcerting to me is seeing the toys I played with as a child and the kitchen items and dishes I not only remember but still use!  Translation:  I am officially old!

We stopped at HEB and bought soup and salad from the deli for our dinner.  Whataburger fed the boys who arrived home about 10 after visiting with friends at the clubhouse.

I went to bed fairly early because I had been fighting chest congestion.  I had a Z Pak with me and had started that but also got some Safe Tussin to help my stuffy head so I could breathe and sleep.  The fellows left early and around noon Sue and I went to Wimberley for lunch and more shopping!  I have bought a few things but Sue has filled their truck and half of Whitey's!  

We arrived home at 5:45 and the guys called about 7:30 and asked if they should stop for pizza.  I told them only if they didn't want to eat peanut butter and jelly.  We ate late and stayed up a bit later than we had been because the shooting was over and no one had to be anywhere early.

Everyone slept late Friday morning.  Whitey was just coming in the kitchen from his cabin when I walked out of our rooms.  I fixed myself a cup of coffee and he asked for a cinnamon roll.  We both checked our emails until the others came down.  Eventually he loaded up his truck, taking many of Sue's bags, and took off for Houston to spend the weekend with his daughter.  

Dan and Sue left to pick up her script at Walgreen's before heading to the gun venue.  Dan purchased a gun and needed to get fitted, practice shoot with it and do paperwork to have it sent to a dealer back in Ohio.  That's how law abiding folks purchase guns.

We left some later to attend the cocktail hour and dinner for our last night of the Championships for us. It had turned very cold and we sat inside with friends of Dan's from Ohio.  A shooting demo was scheduled for outside but we chose to head home.  Dan and Sue came home about an hour after us.

We all were up early, gathering our things from throughout the house and packing up.  By 10 we were ready to head out.  After a stop for lunch, we continued on, arriving home anout 2:00.  The car was emptied and I put most things away.  I eventually took a shower and got ready for church.  A busy week lies ahead and Tucker is coming for a week tomorrow! 




No comments: