Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Expecting Company

Sunday while Ted went shooting I went to the grocery store.  I am doing more and more of my old routine in the food department - shopping, cooking, cleaning up.  It isn't a conscious decision, I just feel more up to it now.  

I had used the last of a rotisserie chicken to make a chicken pot pie for dinner on Friday and then had cooked the carcass to make broth and added the bit of chicken that was left.  So Sunday I used that to make a pot of chicken noodle soup.  Turned out good and Ted ate three bowls.  Our Outlander series wasn't on for some reason so we watched whatever else came on.

Monday was bunco so I left about 9:15 since I had the bunco bag ready to go for the year.  Judy outdid herself in decorations, food and drink.  While she finished baking her egg tart I put out the dice, pencils, and score sheets.  I won Most Buncos!



From there I went to a new hairdresser for a color and cut.  My hair had grown out about an inch and it is really gray!  She did a great job on the color.  The cut seems good and she styled it to suit me.  I learned a girl I had used for quite some time awhile back, died of breast cancer leaving a 10 year old son.  She was so young!  So terribly sad.

I returned home in time for us to head over to Rayford.  Tommy was fixing dinner and Jay and Stella were there with their new trailer.  We were supposed to go to Sweet Tomatoes to eat but Tommy said no, I am cooking.  There was no argument from me.

We had a nice meal and good visit arriving back home about 8:30.  It was a busy day and I was ready for my PJs.  

Tuesday I did two loads of laundry and made sure everything was ready for my company.  They arrived on Wednesday and we had my meatloaf dinner.  We took a ride in the evening, stopping at Culver's for an ice cream using the free coupons given to us at the grand opening of the Culver's in Michigan,  

Thursday we drove to Barry and Gerre's to see their house on the lake and take a drive around it.  We stopped at Fajita Jack's on the water for lunch.  It was a beautiful day.  We were treated to an airplane landing, the folks having lunch near us, and then taking off.  Quite a sight to see.  

Ted and Dan went shooting late in the afternoon when we returned and Sue and I went to Kohl's and At Home.  We both bought a few things before coming back home.

Friday was lunch at Chik-Fil-A followed by more shooting for the fellows and more shopping for me and Sue.  She had never been to a Ross store and loved it.  She did quite a bit of Christmas shopping for their 16 grandchildren.

That evening we had dinner with Gerre and Barry before heading to our community theater to see Dial M For Murder.  It was quite good and we all enjoyed it.

We all left the house about 8:15 on Saturday and drove to our place for the week in New Braunfels.  It was a challenge to find but we did it!  



Shortly after our arrival, their friend Whitey arrived.  We all roamed around the three buildings before settling on who got which bedrooms.  Dan and Sue insisted we take the master suite on the first floor and chose one of the bedrooms and bath on the second floor.  Whitey opted for one of the free standing smaller cottages.  We determined 16 people in all can sleep here but not all would have private baths.  With just 5 of us there is a lot of room to spread out.

We took the trailer and golf cart to the Shooting Complex and left it.  The fellows all registered and then we went into downtown San Antonio to eat on the Riverwalk.  We intended to take the boat ride but everyone was tired so we came home.

Ted and I got up early and left for church.  Turns out we chose a Mass in Spanish!   That has happened before. It lasted 1.5 hours, or Serious Overtime as Kristin calls it.  We stopped at HEB and I cooked sausage and eggs with toast, fruit, juice and cinnamon rolls for breakfast upon our return.

We spent the day in Gruene starting at the dance hall then strolled down the streets stopping here and there.  Sue and I had been in a small boutique that was giving samples of margaritas and later when we couldn't find the guys I called Ted.  He said they were in the free margarita store that also had beer and the football game on!  Geesh!  They wanted us to keep shopping!


We eventually went to Cooper's BBQ for the real Texas experience.  Everyone liked the food and got a kick out of eating on wax paper.  We were all pretty tired when we got home.  I was able to get Outlander on my IPad so I watched in our bedroom while the rest watched football.

Tomorrow starts the Sporting Clay Nationals.  We wish our three "boys" well.







No comments: