Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Weather is Cooler

Well it is December and the weather took a dip and produced rain the whole weekend.  Saturday after church we ran by Culver's for a bite.  When we returned home I changed into my PJs and when I came out of the bedroom Ted had turned the fireplace on.  We seldom use it and I was surprised he knew where the key to turn the gas on was located.


We have been on football overload (according to me).  To make matters worse he keeps flipping channels so I can't even follow along so I play with my IPad and chat with friends and family.

Sunday and Monday were quiet as I finished up all the little things that come up during the holidays.  I mailed the package and bought stamps but my return labels still have not arrived so Christmas cards are on hold.

Tuesday I worked the Christmas luncheon at Good Shepherd.  So many were decked out in holiday finery.  




Entertainment was by the school children singing Christmas and holiday songs.


I went home and Ted and I immediately went to the gun club to try out my new gun.  It is much harder to fire and keep steady but I did OK.



Just to be sure I filled out the day, once we got home I dressed for the third time and attended Forum's Christmas party.


We had a nice cocktail hour and a terrific meal.  Many gifts were collected for three different groups we support.  I picked up Donna and Judy and we had a good visit coming and going.  I only drank my one glass of complimentary glass of wine since I was driving!

I had an appointment this morning and arrived home about noon.  Ted made us salads for lunch and then I baked Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookie cupcakes.  I had the mix including the ganache for the frosting. I used a hammer to crush peppermint sticks in a Baggie to sprinkle on top.  There was a plastic plate in my Christmas things so I put them on it and Ted delivered it to Jeanette's for our tomorrow after party.

The neighborhood ladies are celebrating with lunch out at one of the better restaurants nearby followed by gifts and desserts back at Jeanette's.   It is party time!


No comments: