Saturday, April 2, 2016

Cleaning and Pitching

I Ted had an FFA shoot to help Mike with Saturday so he was up and out early.  I took my time getting into the swing of things and after getting the normal morning jobs done, I started in on the wall cabinets and big free standing cabinet in the laundry room.  I found things I forgot we had, things that I didn't know what they were and things I have looked for and could not find.

I cleaned all the shelves and then put things away in a semblance of order.  I threw some stuff out and put two more bags on the bed for the Paralyzed Veterans.  I am zeroing in on Ted's man cave room and then the big one - the garage!  I am on a mission.

We attended church and then picked up a pizza because Ted didn't feel like grilling the chicken I had out.  The new light came on outside so we have decided to just leave the switch on and see if it turns off and on in response to a photo cell.  We have not made heads or tails of it still.

Sunday turned into a busy day.  Ted went to shoot skeet as usual.  We were expecting Tommy and Susan to come by when he returned.  I received a text asking if we could come there because they didn't want to leave their new puppy alone too long in case we went out to eat.  Before I could answer him, Terry called and said his and Ted's cousin Tommy and his two sons, John and Michael, were in town for the Final Four and wanted to come out to visit after they saw a Rockets game in the afternoon.  Terry was golfing in a tournament at 1:30 (he ended up winning!) so we thought 6:00 sounded good.

The day was beautiful and we spent about three hours at Tommy and Susan's sitting outside visiting.  At 6:00 we left for home and received a text that Terry was home so we stopped at home for a minute before heading there.

The boys had arrived right before us.  It was nice to see Tommy and his sons.  It has been about 12 years since we have seen them.  He asked how long we have been married and said he remembers being about 7 and attending our wedding.  We had a nice dinner and ride around the area.  It was after 10:30 when we got home.  So no plans turned into lots of plans and it all worked out.

Ted helped Mike again at an Exxon Mobile outing Monday and I just putzed around doing what I could in Ted's room without aggravating him.  He is basically out of room and either has to clean under the work benches and add a shelf or simply not bring anything else home.  Time will tell.  I ended up with about 14 bags put out for the Texas Paralyzed Vets.  In the evening I watched the DWTS episode about the "stars" most memorable years.  It was a very emotional two hours.  I do feel that the two worst dancers have been eliminated.

It was time for our Forum Friends senior bingo/entertainment /luncheon, the last until October.  We had a big crowd of over 200 seniors.  I took two of the bingo prizes I have squirreled away and I am all set for October (fall and Halloween) and December (Christmas) prizes.  

The entertainment was terrific.  We had folks up dancing in the aisles.  It was such fun for everyone.  A lady at the table I was hostessing said she will be 92 in September.  Bless her heart, she was in great health it appeared.  We celebrated Cinco de Abril since we weren't meeting on Cinco de Mayo.  

Ted left for Beaumont Tuesday afternoon so I had the evening to myself.  Wednesday I waited from 8:00 to 1:30 for the A/C man to do our first year check up.  I did three loads of laundry and cleaned half the shelves on the east wall of the garage while I waited.  When he finished I had an errand to run so when Ted came home he went to the grocery and grilled burgers for dinner.  I was happy to hit the couch and watch Survivor.

It was back to work on Thursday.  I was scheduled for 4 hours at the food pantry.  Paula and I divided one pound bags of pasta into two 1/2 pound bags.  Because this is an emergency service, they discourage people from going "grocery shopping and stocking up."  Soap powder, shampoo, cooking oil, diapers, sanitary napkins, etc. are always split into smaller bags.  We did 8 cases I think with about 3-4 dozen bags in a case.  The time passed quickly and the work wasn't hard except for the carrying of the whole cases back and forth.  

From there I went to see Cindy to get my hair cut and highlighted.  I was anxious to get my hair some lighter since L'Oreal Light Golden Brown is anything but!  She did a good job and I am happy with the results.  I called and asked Ted if he had started dinner and he said we were going to Outback and use one of our gift cards.  I had a busy week so it sounded good to me!

Here comes the weekend!

No comments: