Monday, May 18, 2015

Didn't Pay to be Nice About the Weather

Well after writing we have escaped most of the bad weather, it started raining here and hasn't stopped.  Enough already!  Go to California. They really, really need you. I thought our patio umbrella was going to take flight yesterday.  Checking the weather report indicates we are in for a wet Memorial Day weekend.  Bummer!

Ted went to the gun club but no one was able to shoot in the league.  The rain never let up.  I cleaned out the hall closet and only have one more to go.  Then I am going to start on the laundry room cabinets next.  I love having empty shelves and rod space in closets.  I am determined not to fill them up again.

Monday my bunco group met and we had 5 subs which is always nice.  It gives new people a chance to meet us and us them.  Kathryn was subbing but has broken her shoulder.  She said she wanted to come anyway.  I arranged for Nancy who lives close by to pick her up and then I took her home.  She was overwhelmed that we would do this for a sub.  I assured her we are here for her and all she needs to do is let us know what we can do.

I stopped at the nail salon on the way home so I would have time on Tuesday and Wednesday to go to the store for groceries and get my clothes together.  I was going to be busy with Forum stuff both days.

My shift at the thrift shop started at noon on Tuesday.  Everything needed attention!  My button basket was overflowing but I didn't get a chance to work on it.  The bins were full and we were assigned the job of emptying them.  By the time I left the men's and women's piles were as tall as me!  I hope Wednesday's crew tags and hangs.  I signed up for a short stint next Thursday because Ginger had no one signed up yet.  I have to play cards at 12:30 so that's the best I could do.

My next stop was the grocery and bank getting ready for the Memorial Day weekend.  I even got my clothes together for Thursday.  So tomorrow afternoon, once I get home from the Joint Board meeting and lunch, it shouldn't be too difficult to get things all together.

Ted had to leave at 7 a.m. to take Terry and Carol to the airport.  In the meantime, I got myself ready to attend the Joint Board Meeting being held at a country club about 45 minutes away.  Traffic wasn't bad and I arrived a little early.  It is a beautiful place and the roses in the centerpieces and on the sideboards were exquisite.  Lunch was quite good and our treasurer's report was through the roof!  Never underestimate the power of a bunch of old ladies working together.

Since I was that far south I took the opportunity to get my hair fixed so I don't have to bother with it while out for the weekend.  I just hope I don't get caught in the rain!

We took off Thursday morning and we just passed Columbus, Texas on our way to Boerne.  The GPS says we will arrive at noon.  I am making a "company chicken and stuffing casserole" for tonight's potluck so a 12 o'clock arrival will be fine.  Our camping group, The Texas Boomers, are celebrating their 15th anniversary.  We have been members for 11 years.  Sixty rigs are expected.  It should be a great weekend of old friends and new!

No comments: