Wednesday, November 20, 2013


I was trying to make one post using photos from the I-Pad and the camera and it wouldn't let me, i.e., I don't know how!  So here is the rest of the story.

Sunday Ted and I went to our old parish for early Mass.  Kelly said the girls could go to evening Mass when they got home.  We were delighted to see our old next door neighbors, a family from the next street, the church secretary, the education director and the past president of St. Ann's Council of Catholic Women.  Lots of hugs going around.  It was nice to be welcomed back.

The girls were up getting ready and packing up when we got back.  Their two day whirlwind trip to Florida was coming to a close.  We met the rest at Spice Restaurant on Lake Eola in downtown Orlando for brunch.  The weather was perfect and we sat outside in beautiful foliage surroundings watching the swan boats on the lake.  

There was an unusual visitor at the outdoor tables.  A kangaroo!  We thought maybe it was a wallaby but the owner said no.

Then it was off to the airport for Sheetal, Cassie and Ally.  Kara and Bill returned to Disney and after the airport run we headed to Larry's to fix dinner for and meet the best man and his wife.  Cooking in a bachelor's kitchen is not fun.  Two oven mitts but no other potholders, no baking dishes, no matching dishes, etc.  We made do and ended up with a pretty good dinner and a nice visit.  I made a list of kitchen items Kristin needs to add to her registry!  Her kitchen is only slightly better equipped than his.  

Larry's house is beautiful with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and a pool.  Kristin will have no problem making this her home because she will be able to use most of her decorative items since there aren't many.  He does have a signed and numbered Andy Warhol print that caught Ted's eye right away.

I was exhausted by the time we got home and wasn't up for long.  Kristin came back home with the hair dryer but she doesn't have a curling iron so I decided to get my hair done as soon as I could get an appointment.

Monday we went to lunch at the Swamp House Grill on the St. John's River then decided to ride through the campground.  It has always been too tight for us to use but lo and behold they had used part of their storage area to put in a half dozen super sites that we will fit into.  They are not wide side to side but we would have a concrete patio surrounded by some low growing greenery.  We booked a spot for February and cancelled the one we had in Orange City.  We had stopped by to see that and it is all dirt, no asphalt or gravel.  We are just down the road from Kristin now.  We will have lots to do when we return in getting her moved and the house ready for sale.

Tuesday was a lazy day as we prepared to leave.  I had my hair done first thing by my old hairdresser.  Kristin was at work and we eventually let ourselves out and headed to the airport.  It was an easy flight home and I was glad to be back.  We are so used to staying in our RV that being away without it produces what I believe most others experience all the time while traveling.  People ask us if we are glad to be home but a trip in the RV with our home with us doesn't produce that sentiment.  It is hard to explain.

So now we move on to the holidays!

To be grateful is to recognize the love of God in everything He has given us...and He has given us everything. Every breath we draw is a gift of His love, every moment of existence is a grace, for it brings with it immense graces from Him.

 Thomas Merton quotes  

1 comment:

Carol said...

Sounds like you had a very productive few days here in Florida. Hope you and Ted have a wonderful Thanksgiving!