Thursday, October 18, 2012

Two Weeks And Counting

We had a tremendous visit with Gus and Melissa. After our dinner we walked around Market Street and then headed to the waterway to see the dancing fountains and lights. We sat outside eating gelato, catching up on friends and family. It was late when they headed back into town and we came home.

Saturday when we went to church it appeared that Hawaii had exploded inside. A wedding was scheduled for after our service and the entire altar was bathed in real orchids. By the time we were leaving, flowers for the aisles were being brought in and a Pierce Arrow was parked out front. A well known, very philanthropic family had a member getting married. We learned later the reception was at an exclusive country club and included fireworks. Those from our area would recognize the "mattress" connection.

We had a bite with Terry & Carol then headed over to Dave & Mary Ann's to play Canasta. Ted came in first! That has never happened before and he was pleased.

Another skeet league ended and Ted prepared his BBQ for their lunch on Sunday. He brought all the leftovers home and Rick and Brenda were here to help us finish them off. They are workamping at Lake Livingston and had been visiting family for the weekend in the area.

We taught them Shang Hai and Ted got his very first Shang Hai. He had a good card weekend.

When we finished, I started getting the tables ready for Monday's bunco and Brenda helped. Lora lives in an apartment so was just using my space. She brought all the food and drinks so it was easy for me.

I worked at Lakewood Seniors on Tuesday and had to get up in the dark to get there by 8:30 with Suzy and Judy. We had a nice turnout but we were all tired afterwards.

Ted had left for Dallas by the time I got home and I was due at Merry's for a Christmas card making party. We were to make 20 cards but we only got 10 finished so I am going back on Monday.

I stayed home yesterday and today will resume juggling my clothes as I decide what to pack for our trip. I am also getting some cooking done so when we return there are a few dinners in the freezer.

Things are winding down but I will still be busy until we go "up, up and away."

No comments: