Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Countdown

Last Friday we met Gerre and Barry for dinner before we went to see The Odd Couple. It was our first play of the season since we had given away our tickets to The King and I. It was very good and the fellow playing Felix Unger was sensational.

We had a quiet weekend at home attending church on Saturday and meeting the Dining Out group for dinner on Sunday. One of the couples at our table is new and were so interesting. They have lived in 33 countries and had wonderful stories. I had met my friend Jody on Sunday afternoon for shopping and lunch. We had such a fun time and I bought several things. She will make a shopper out of me yet.

I didn't get the Christmas cards I was making finished last week at Merry's so I went back on Tuesday to finish up. Walking home I stopped to visit Wanda who is starting another round of radiation. She is a wonderful neighbor and I hope this ends her problems.

I worked at the Northwest Assistance Ministry senior luncheon on Wednesday. I have worked 23 hours so far this fiscal year. I hope to have 37 hours in by the time we leave for Mission. That will leave me 13 to finish up my 50 hours by the end of May.

As soon as I got home I left again to get my nails done then came home and made pumpkin squares because I was hosting Canasta Thursday afternoon.

Today I played Shang Hai and then we met Tommy and Susan for dinner and a visit before we leave. Tomorrow is the hairdresser. We are going out for dinner after church and will zip that luggage up on Sunday and hit the road!

No comments: