Tuesday, December 13, 2011

One Week Until Take Off

It was repair weekend as I got my hair cut and colored and went back to the prosthodontist. All this time and money to stay presentable. My bridge has been successfully removed and this morning the oral surgeon removed the roots which is all that was left. He also said I'm not a good candidate for implants so I'm feeling good about the decision to go with a partial. I wore one for years before the bridge so I can do it again.

We played Canasta Saturday night at what was a festive Christmas gathering, more so than normal. However, I'm not making any spending money at these card games but I have lots of company. There are way more losers than winners.

Gerre and Barry came over Sunday evening for dinner and we exchanged some of our Christmas gifts. They gave me a Lenox lamp that is perfect for in the bathroom through the holidays. It has a small candle and gives just enough light. Ted received a shirt that says "Tucker's Walking Buddy." He can use it in January when we keep Tucker again. I gave Gerre a Swarovski crystal bracelet I had made for her. The rest of their gifts have not yet arrived. Sure hope they are finished before we all leave town.

Monday I went across the highway to Gerre's house where the new Genealogy Group is starting up. We all talked about what we've done and what we hope to accomplish. Later in the evening Gerre came over and in no time had found my great-great-great grandfather who was born in Prussia in 1833 along with my great-great-great grandmother who was born in Hanover, Germany. I sent an e-mail to my Reunion Troops so I can update the family tree I last did for the 2005 Family Reunion. I asked for the new babies' birthdates and a few marriage dates to get that all up to date. Sometimes it is easier to get information about the dead people versus the live people. But several have responded already so I'm optimistic. I've already received a reply back from a distant cousin whose great-grandmother was a sister to my great-grandfather. Hopefully we can exchange information.

There was another round of Canasta at my sister-in-law Carol's Monday afternoon. I came in third but that doesn't pay any money. Because it is Christmas she had a lot of food for us and we had another party of sorts.

After the dentist this morning I drove by the Senior's Friendship Center to pick up a "wish list" for one of the seniors. I had received an e-mail saying they still had a large stack that had not been taken and their party is next week. So I'll be off to the shopping center tomorrow morning to buy a flannel nightgown, black slacks and a red sweater! Then - guess what? - I have to play Canasta! I miss playing Shang Hai but there's only so much time in a day.

Terry & Carol are coming over here for dinner tonight so I better go to the kitchen and start getting things ready. Ted is making pork tenderloins on his new Weber grill but I'm doing all the rest.

Don't forget "The Reason For The Season." Wish folks Merry Christmas. If they aren't celebrating Christmas, just what "holiday" are they celebrating?

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. (Colossians 3:15)

No comments: