Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving to All

Last Sunday we went to church at 9 o’clock, a time we seldom attend. I wore jeans, something I hardly ever do. So we sit down right in front of a gal I know and her entire family, all dressed up in their fine clothes. Bummer!

Ted went shooting, I put the beef stew together but not before burning my arm in a dozen small places when I dropped the floured meat into the hot grease to brown it. Those cast iron Dutch ovens get hot!

Once the stew was in the oven I went into the attic and brought down things to decorate just a small portion of the house. I did the mantle, coffee table, sofa table, sideboard and kitchen table. After this weekend I’ll do the front porch. I’ll hate myself the first of January but I’m trying not to be too big a Scrooge!

Monday was bunco and I had to arrive a bit early because Mary was borrowing a card table and I also had the bag. While she finished in the kitchen I got the tables set up with dice, paper, pencils, etc. so all was ready by 10 o’clock. We managed to get three games in this time and there weren’t a lot of duplicate scores which always causes confusion in roll offs before I can award the money.

When I got home I told Ted I didn’t have to be anywhere or do anything specific until we left on Wednesday. But I busied myself getting my lists together. The park is doing Thanksgiving for two days and it goes right into Christmas over the weekend.

I need an appetizer for the bingo game Friday night, two candy bars for Candy Bingo on another day, an auction raffle item and something home made for a bake sale. Proceeds from these two activities are for charity. There are games, crafts, hayride, movies, street party with dinner, etc. all weekend long.

We finished up the beef stew for dinner then watched Dancing with the Stars. The three finalists are all great and any of them deserve to win.

I had lots to do today around the house. I cleaned out the pantry for starters and then packed all dry foods into bags and Ted eventually took those and drinks out to the RV. I made a list of refrigerator items I needed so I don’t forget something tomorrow. I’m making sweet potatoes and jello cranberry salad for Thursday dinner.
The last thing I did was make pumpkin streusel muffins. Half will go for the bake sale at the park and half will go to my neighborhood Christmas luncheon.

Tucker is being very good and we keep telling him he is going camping tomorrow. He just looks at us.

Camping is nature’s way of promoting the motel business ~ Dave Barry

P.S. Not the way we do it!
P.P.S. Congratulations to J. R. Martinez on his Dancing With The Stars win. What an inspiration he is to us all.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Happy Thanksgiving Donna!