Tuesday, August 11, 2009

We Do Have Wi-Fi

We drove 100 miles across Route 160 from Mancos to Pagosa Springs on Monday. It was quite a trip with lots of grades up and down and many twisting turns. When we arrived I checked my Mountain Directory and the four-mile 6% descent was listed! I never thought about checking it before we left. Of course that wouldn't have changed anything but it looked like such an innocent little two inch line on the map! Our truck does great in these mountains and my driver is the best!

When we pulled into the park I was sitting next to a row of red hollyhocks and there were hummingbirds all over the place. I got out of the truck and tried to take a picture but they all took off when anyone approached. So later in the evening I went down to a workamper's trailer and just stood there by his feeders until I could get a few snapshots.





We took a walk around the park and along the river. We found one of our neighbors fishing near our site. The RV next to us hung up a feeder so we spent the evening watching hummingbirds flit all over the place.



Today we went to the Springs Hotel and Spa to partake of the 23 mineral spring pools along the San Juan River. Temperatures in the various pools ranged from 95 to 109. We chose the upgrade which allowed us access to five pools that were adults only. We enjoyed the pool that looked over the river where we watched kids of all ages wading and tubing. The river serves as the cooling pool for the Springs. We could have used a cooling pool up high where we were.









After almost six hours we came home for dinner and to prepare to leave tomorrow. Next stop - Santa Fe. I was there on a girls' trip probably 10 years ago and I'm anxious to show Ted some of the things I saw then.

1 comment:

Rick and Brenda said...

Looks and sounds like y'all are having fun.
We leave Hagerman today and meet the kids tonight.