Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I'm Alive and Well in Albuquerque

We arrived in Albuquerque very quickly since we only had 60 miles to travel south on I-25 and west on I-40 to the park we had chosen. We set up under three big trees so we have shade this week while we're here. The weather has been pleasant but the A/C still comes on. I'm comfortable inside and outside so that's a good arrangement.

We made our run to Wal-Mart and this was a Super Wal-Mart so we got the groceries we needed. I'm trying to use up what is in the pantry so I don't have to take it home but I know some of it (perishables) will have to make the trip. My daughter suggested I change the name of my blog to Wal-Marts Across America.

After dinner we went to the pool and hot tub. With the sun down the pool water was a little cool so we opted for the hot tub. There wasn't anyone else around and we had it all to ourselves.

Tuesday we had breakfast provided by the campground in the breakfast room and then Ted prepared for his trip to Denver. He left shortly before noon and had no problems finding the airport, parking or catching his Frontier flight.

After I had breakfast in the breakfast room this morning, I decided to tear the RV apart in Ted's absence. I emptied every drawer, cabinet and closet. I thought I would have a lot to toss out or take back home because we didn't use it, but that turned out not to be the case. I cleaned and then straightened all the contents and everything is in fine order. Every piece of wood in here has been polished and every surface cleaned. Once Ted cleans the rugs it will be like new again.

I also received a box of mail from Eileen so I was busy paying bills online, making calls, writing checks, etc. Kara and I also spent time on the phone with Texas Medigap360 in Round Rock, TX discussing Ted's Medicare Supplement. He and I had gone over the options and selected what we wanted but we also wanted her to ask the questions we would never think to since this is her business. She was satisfied with whom we had chosen and what we had chosen so there were calls and faxes back and forth. We had Ted in Denver and me in Albuquerque on Mountain Time, Russell in Round Rock on Central Time and Kara in Michigan on Eastern Time. Hopefully it's all in place and Ted is set for his 9/1/09 Medicare date. He will be home tomorrow (Thursday) morning.

I did the laundry tonight and realized that using a laudromat would be in my Top Ten Reasons Why I Don't Want to Full Time in the RV. I dislike not being able to set the machines to what I want. You're lucky you get a Start button, not to mention the $2.50-3.50 a load it costs.

I'm starting to sound as if I'm ready to come in off the road. We have less than three weeks and I am starting to get anxious. We have another big trip to Europe that starts 10/6 and I'm already planning in my head what I need to pack for that. When I have a project, I like to get started!

Right now we're looking at the weekend in Albuquerque, on to Alamogordo, Roswell, Carlsbad and then a trek across Texas with an overnight in Abilene before arriving in Burleson, TX for our last week out. We'll see how it goes. It's just a blueprint. In the meantime, we'll "get our kicks on Route 66."

1 comment:

Juju and Harry said...

Route 66 Yes the Kick are good!! Been there done that! You guys be safe hope to see you soon.
love ya Juju