Thursday, September 11, 2008

We May Be In For A Wild Ride From Ike!

Ted was feeling better on Tuesday. The doctor said sometimes the pressure of the dye gives just enough push to the nerves to stop the "pinching" so people get some relief. He went to the bank, post office and grocery. He did the drive thru at the bank, leaned on the counter at the post office and on the cart at the grocery. He only picked up a few things so none of the stops took too long.

After dinner I went to play bunco and I won! It was great to see everyone again after the summer. I didn't get home until 11:00 and we got to bed late.

Ted was still feeling good on Wednesday and went to the gun club. His sister-in-law gave him a rifle scope that belonged to his brother along with some other things. He took his rifle and the new scope to the gun club to get it changed out. He said he didn't shoot but since he was wearing his T-shirt with the padded shoulder (for shooting) I think maybe he was fibbing. I don't want him to overdo it and have that nerve go berserk again.

Dr. Chang called and said the report he received wasn't complete. He arranged for the radiologist to complete it so hopefully today he will have the whole report and can fax it to Dr. Shedden. Good thing Ted is feeling better because once again we need to be patient. After dinner we watched TV with the constant interruptions about Ike.

This morning I received the Exxon Private Service Weather report from a friend whose husband works there. According to them the eye will pass 38 miles from our zip code. We can expect winds from 25-68 mph with gusts up to 92. It will start 1 p.m. Friday and go until 10:00 Saturday night with the worse from 5 to 11 a.m. on Saturday.

Today we'll be busy filling both vehicles with fuel, getting some cash, going to the RV to get our Black & Decker Storm Center, filling the tubs with water and buying a few groceries that don't need refrigeration. We had put all our yard things away for Eduoard and left them inside while we were gone in August. I just put them back out and now I need to bring them in again. I don't understand people who deal with this time and time again.

Wish us luck. If we lose electricity we may hook the RV up after this is all over and find a campground that isn't affected. I've done without electricity and water this summer and I know I don't want to do it for too long at home.

No comments: