Friday, September 16, 2022

Officially NEGATIVE!


No dreaded pink line to the right!  I have felt fine since 10 days ago but have stayed put except for my dr appts and I wore a mask.  It was so nice to have lunch with my neighbors after the first successful negative test.  This was my second.  Ted has still not been infected.

I would have cancelled Canasta here on Monday if I wasn’t negative but it will be several days since negative, filters were changed, house cleaned and I bought all individually wrapped treats so no diving into a bowl by many.  I will put hand sanitizer on each table.  I hope it is enough.  

The cleaning crew came Friday, Ted went to the Houston Chronicle and I kept out of people’s way!  We went to the grocery when Ted came in and the ladies left.  So nice to have the house cleaned, laundry done, yard done (they also come on Friday) and groceries in!

I got my table pads, baskets and Lenox out for all my individually wrapped snacks.  I was going to be ready for Monday!  We went to church at 5:00, took Communion to Dick and Jeanette and then out to get a bite to eat.  Sunday was football! I like MLB much better than NFL but I pick my battles wisely.  We watched Britbox most of Sunday evening.

Canasta went great on Monday.  No Nervous Nelly’s and they all said buying individually wrapped snacks was not necessary.  I won my $1 back because I came in last!  We play partners and switch after each game.  I never left my seat because my partner and I never won.  We switch partners so as everyone jockeyed for their new seat and partner, there I sat!  We had a grilled cheese for dinner and watched the Astros play Detroit.  It was one of those games we can’t lose but I am way more partial to Houston than Detroit.  

Back to playing cards at a restaurant on Tuesday.  I was winning until the very end when immediate knocks caught me with nothing in my hand.  So that $1 did not come home.  I picked up Ted and we went to the cardiologist.  My ultrasound has shown no changes since last year.  We discussed my LDL and how the cancer pill seems to be raising it when comparing April labs to September labs.  So she raised my mg. to 20 from 10.  I took 20 mg until 4 years ago when I had lost my weight.  But she said she would rather err on the side of caution.  She was delighted we had been out in the motorhome most of the summer and very pleased we navigated Disney in the heat plus all the walking.  Next appt is 9/2023!  

A Senior Expo was held here in our township.  I love the one in McAllen TX in January.  But that one is about 6-8 times larger with an array of vendors.  This one was 95% Medicare, home health, senior housing, funerals, etc.  way too much of the same things.  I looked forward to H‑E‑B coupon books, info on senior activities at the community center, volunteer opportunities at our pavilion, travel opportunities, Newcomers, etc.  The people that come to these have probably had their medical insurance in place a decade ago or more.  They want to DO something, not wring their hands about medical insurance only.  End of complaint.  Nancy, Judie and I had lunch then split up to head home.  

Today was my first Community College classes.  First up was Estate Planning.  We thought we had things in order but I had questions to insure we had actually legally done what we thought we had.  The lawyer looked over our trust and said we need a successor trustee named.  They are mentioned but one has not been identified!  Also, ours is so old the children had guardians named and we had beneficiaries beyond just our three girls.  I think we need to make an appointment to get things sorted out. 

My second class was frustrating.  It was to teach us all about using the college computer system!  It was worse than the Disney app!  The teacher was not well versed on using Zoom for those attending on line.  She talked in circles, covering some things more than once, then giving short shrift to things like how to set up your .edu e-mail!  I finally got it set up once I came home.  Took me some time though because her directions were not real clear.  AND … half way through we had a fire drill!

Here is my sister Karen in Assisted Memory Care being serenaded by Elvis.  She knew who he was!





No comments: