Wednesday, June 8, 2022

The Commencement

We left around 5:00 to drive to Pine Knob Music Event Center where 507 young men and women were to graduate.  The Honors Convocation was last week and of those, more than 400 of the seniors qualified for recognition.   Morgan earned Summa Cum Laude and National Honor Society.  They did not mention scholarships but she received two.  



          I




Upon our arrival and the first time to see her.


Afterwards we went to a late dinner.  I had a half sandwich, gave my fries away, a bottle of Angry Orchard and proceeded to be sick all night and today!  

We told the kids not to come out and I did what I could to get the laundry together for Ted to do one load.  And little by little I got things straightened up.  Kelly brought CeCe out since Wednesday is her day to have her.  I wasn’t much fun as Lolly but she liked my IPad with Mickey Mouse Club on You Tube.

They left about 8:00 and I curled up on the couch with my afghan and prayed for a better day tomorrow.  I had toast, crackers, tea and Coke for Breakfast, lunch, dinner.  And not necessarily at the right times.  The next day I was still under the weather.  I was getting better but slept 12 hours.  On Friday we went into Kara’s for a cookout after stopping at Morgan’s friend’s party.  But I fell asleep on the couch and when arrived home, fell right to sleep for another 12 hour night. 

Finally on Saturday I was back 100%.  We went to church and stopped at Kara’s to see CeCe who I could  now interact with her knowing I had nothing contagious.


No comments: