Friday, June 17, 2022

A Delightful Mother’s Day Gift

 Sunday Ted took Sam shooting, not just practice, but to actually shoot a round of skeet.  He did quite well.  I stayed home and changed the bedclothes and did a few other things.

We were to meet Pat and Kelly at Paul’s in downtown Rochester for dinner.  When we arrived, we found them closed on Sunday!  The Paint Creek Tavern was right across the street so we went there.  It sits next to a “rails to trails” path along Paint Creek.  There was lots of activity with people picnicking, walking, riding bikes. 



I think while we are here we should go back and walk the trail.  Maybe enjoying an ice cream cone too!

Our evening entertainment was the play/concert “A Closer Walk with Patsy Cline.”  It was being held at Meadowbrook Theater on the campus of Oakland University.  Pat, Kara, Allen (Morgan and Sam’s father) and now Morgan are alumni.  The presentation was fabulously entertaining.  The gal who played Patsy was amazing,  I have always loved Patsy, I remember her beginnings and subsequent tragic death.  I have CDs of every song she ever recorded and know all the words.  It was a magical evening for me and by the audience reactions, for all in attendance.  This was my Mother’s Day present from the Duda’s!  

And then this morning the “old green apple two step” had returned!  I thought back to what I had eaten, a bowl of Protein cereal, a new product from the company that makes the Premier Protein drinks we use.  And chicken at the restaurant.  I am suspicious of the cereal.  It is the newest thing in my diet and the only thing new since this trouble began.  I am not eating any more!  Enough is enough!

Kristin arrived Kelly was picking her up.  They are going to get CeCe and bring her out.  I am feeling better (empty I guess!) so hopefully I can be more fun today.

Kara and Kristin left for Cincinnati Children’s hospital for Morgan’s endoscopy and colonoscopy for her celiac and colitis condition.  So we had Bill out for dinner while he plugged away at the punch list I had created for him.  He is a great one to have for these small repairs.  We call him McGyver because he always comes up with a solution.  

Kelly and I went to Frankenmuth on Thursday.  We had Zehnder’s famous chicken, lunch portion.  We took our leftovers home and I was able to feed Ted dinner that night.  Chicken, dressing, noodles, stollen fruit bread!  Carb fest!  We stopped at Chico’s where I stocked up on basic colored shorts, capris and slacks.  With a retuned shirt credit, 25% off everything, plus my member 5% off, plus a $25 reward I had earned the damages weren’t too bad.  Then we went to Cherry Republic to get cherry salad dressing and jam for my neighbor.  She requested it to use as a marinade and glaze for chicken.  

Today is prep for the party tomorrow.  Jessica is cleaning Kara’s house while they make their way home.  The tents, tables and chairs are being delivered today.  The cupcakes and flower centerpieces need to be picked up.  We are staying clear until after lunch when Kara should be home and we will all get in gear to “git ‘er done.”   



No comments: