Monday, May 23, 2022

On To The Yard and Other Things

To finish off our redecorating and cleaning, I had a carpet company come in and clean the back bedroom carpets.  Nothing feels better than a totally clean house.  

We both had eye doctor appointments to keep.  We were late getting this done with all the other medical things we had to tend to.  No problems there!

Junior Forum had their Installation of New Officers Luncheon on Thursday.  I picked up Pat and Cathy on my way and we got the last table that quickly filled in.  This is always a good time and 2022 was no exception.  


And I had lunch with friend Teri on Friday.  When we were playing cards the week before she complained of a cactus thorn she had gotten in her leg.  She was going to go to the doctor because she could not get it out.  I went home and got what we call “drawing salve” and in two days it had been drawn out.  She was so pleased.  We decided to meet for lunch so she could return the salve to me.  All these lunches out makes dinner a toss up.  Usually I am not hungry and Ted just makes do with a salad, leftovers or something as simple as grilled cheese.

They worked on our yard and I have enough rocks to build Fort Knox.  These patio zero lot line homes sit so close together that optimum grading is hard to achieve.  Our metal edging was rusting after 20 years and they used stones to build a new border.  That was really labor intensive.  The creek bed was established at the bottom of the downspout.  Some new sod was put down where needed, the sprinkler heads still need to be worked on in Zone 2 and the rain sensor replaced.  Taking down the magnolia trees opened up the front yard a lot.  Hopefully some more sun will encourage plant growth in the planted bed. It rained really hard the night they had most everything done but a bit of sod to lay so we did not have to do anything that evening to the yard.  It looked all fresh and new in the morning.  

We went to church Saturday, brought Communion to our neighbors and went out to eat.  We used to play cards or meet up with groups on Saturday nights but so much that got shut down has not restarted.  And now it is Monkey Pox we are to fear.  I have a problem with politicians sounding the pandemic alarm when hundreds of thousands people are walking into our country and only the Lord knows what they are carrying because no routine testing goes on.  Bus ride to processing center, bus ticket to wherever.  Asylum court date set for 6 years out.  It used to be only two before this “invasion” started!  

We had a small concern since last Saturday.  I had taken a routine Cologuard test and received results that were Positive. I had received a card from Cologuard saying my 3 years was up so I took it to Dr. C during my regular appt. and he ordered it.  I had to wait until Monday to call our gastro’s office who offered me a PA appointment today (Monday) or see the doctor in June!  That didn’t work for me so I called my breast oncologist at M D Anderson.  In no time I had an appointment for a colonoscopy today (Monday) with one of their gastro oncologists.  They had my prep ready at the drug store immediately. I am happy to report all is good!  Nothing to be concerned about. 

So I will get in high gear to get ready to leave next Monday.  I really, really, really didn’t want to delay or cancel our summer plans so I have lots to be thankful for.  Give Praise to Our Lord!  

Congratulations to all the graduates from Kindergarten to Master Degrees!  



  

No comments: