Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Enjoying Great Weather

We bailed on the NYE party and just came home after our dinner out.  We must be getting old,  our couches sounded too good to pass up.  It rained all day New Years Day and we stayed in.  It was a very nice New Years holiday after the pace of November and December.

Thursday was ladies breakfast out and I picked up Joanne.  There were only 8 of us so
I guess others were still recuperating from partying.  Afterwards I decided to go to the laundromat because Ted was shooting.  I hope to be able to go just once every two weeks.  Hopefully we have brought enough clothes to make that work.

Friday I put a rump roast in the crockpot with celery, potatoes, onions and carrots planning to eat it for dinner.  I played mahjong in the afternoon and we all discussed dinner.  Linda said they were going out for pizza and Sue was having tuna something.  When I came home the roast was not nearly done!  So I wrote to Linda and asked if they were still going out and she said no.  Then she wrote back and said yes.  We got in our car, got as far as the front gate and Sue wrote “is it too late to go too” so Ted turned around and the six of us went for pizza!

Saturday was so pretty and Ted worked with Niles getting things moved from their coach house across the street to their new house down the street.  Tom and Eileen are coming next week and parking on their site.  So they have to move their motor home, it will be taken to a dealer to be sold on consignment.  We ended up with a set of shelves for our coach house.  So now we have a patio set, two folding tables and the shelves.

We went to church for the Epiphany celebration.  The kings and camel (llama) followed the star moving down the aisle high above.  They were a little heavy on the incense!  When I got up to go to Communion, a man in the pew in front of us was looking at the football scores.  I whispered “who is winning.”  At that time it was Buffalo!  We came home, ate the pot roast that finally got done late Friday night and watched the rest of the football game with Houston winning!

We met Vivienne and John at Mission West Park to see a newcomer to the valley entertainment scene.  Advertised as the yodelin’ cowgirl,  Naomi Bristow was a mere slip of a girl with a big voice and a guitar.  She was terrific and we thoroughly enjoyed her performance.

Sunday was so sunny and warm I didn’t know if I wanted to spend my afternoon in the clubhouse playing mahjong.  But Ted was checking my car’s fuses and relays because the front blower is not working.  The A/C works but only the back fans are working.  The fuses were OK so the relay is suspected but no one had the #3 relay he needed.  He will take it to Ford Monday morning to hopefully get a new relay and that will fix the problem.  So I played mahjong and won one game.

Ted got up bright and early and went to Ford.  He told the guy what was happening so he banged under the dash and the blower came on.  It needs to be replaced but I needed the car so he came home.  We will need to get an appointment to get that taken care of. When I left to pick up my lunch dates it was still blowing!

I picked up four ladies with the fifth not going because she didn’t feel well.  What a crowd we had, about 25 people!  The day was beautiful and when I came home Ted had washed most of the trailer and emptied the tanks.





We had just finished  our dinner and I was giving the inside of the microwave a good cleaning when Sue and Niles stopped to see if we had eaten and if not did we want to go to Cowboy Chicken.  I thanked her but said we had eaten, maybe next time.

The Bachelor is back on but these girls are getting so mean and aggressive that I may stop watching.  It seems to be just a competition that they won’t know what to do with the prize!



No comments: