Tuesday, January 14, 2020

The Blustery Day

Tuesday was a mahjong day while Ted shot at the Mission Skeet Club.  Wednesday was our first dance class!  Oh my!  It was fun but teaching Ted the basic steps is a challenge.  The teachers are very good and explain so much.  How the gentleman leads the lady, invites her into the next step, etc. Now getting lead feet to slide gracefully is a lot harder!  He is excited to be missing next week’s class while he is in San Antonio!  I may get to dance with the teacher!  That evening we played card bingo and 5 of 11 games were won at our table, but not by us!

Lorraine, Mimi and I rode together to Cracker Barrel for our Thursday morning breakfast.  We had over 20 ladies, way more than our 8 the previous week.


After I dropped my two riders off I changed clothes and Mimi and I went shopping.  I bought a few pairs of capris and a blouse.  She was looking for some kitchen mugs.  We had an enjoyable time discussing the  two books of Maccabees that are in the Catholic bible but not King James.  We both had to come home and Google who the Maccabees people were.  Even after all our research we are still in the dark.

We met Jay and Stella Friday at Ron Hoover RV for their customer appreciation day.  We looked around at some of their stock but they had nothing that was of interest to us.  We had a hot dog, chips and Coke before parting company and heading back home so I would be in time for mahjong.  I won a game but last week I was winning more!

We had dinner and accepted an invitation to “burgers on the patio” at Sue and Niles for Saturday night after church.  I had to take a dish so I made a grape salad since I couldn’t cook and be in church at the same time.  We appreciate our friends being considerate of us on Saturday night and setting their activity times to give us time to return from church.  We will just grab what we need to take and go right over.

The weather around the country was bad for traveling last weekend.  Tom and Eileen had to hold up in the FL panhandle so didn’t come in on Sunday.  Ted went shooting and I played mahjong.  Monday  I took Ted to Enterprise to rent a car to drive to San Antonio and Houston then I went to a leather craft class.  It isn’t perfect but my credit cards and license fit fine.
'

When I returned, Tom and Eileen had arrived and were parked across the street.  They were both so tired I think they were asleep before 8:00.

Wednesday we three attended the Winter Texan Expo.  We collected all the pens, sunglasses, HEB coupons, hand sanitizer, tape measure, coffee mug, pillbox, cutting board, drinks, candy, etc. that are passed out with lots of shopping bags and ads plus had our photo taken.



When we returned, Eileen and I played mahjong and afterwards we took a walk to the mailbox and then returned to our own RVs.  Our plan is after my Fashion Show refreshment planning meeting on Wednesday, we will head to Mexico for the day.  Ted will be home some time on Thursday.

No comments: