Monday, March 12, 2018

Two Weeks and Counting

When it gets this close to departure time I start getting anxious.  Things are piling up in my To Do column - our mail, taxes, end of fiscal year volunteer wrap ups, print out and organize our September cruise and Hawaii vacation info and receipts.  We go to a nearby campground for two nights to give us time to empty the trailer, then clean it inside and out before returning it to storage.  Then we get to tackle all the stuff we have taken home that needs to be put away!  We leave most things in the RV but the clothes closet, pantry, refrigerator and freezer need to be emptied and then there are Ted's "toys" and what I have purchased while gone!  It amazes me how a 38 foot trailer partial contents can mess up a whole house!

Sunday Ted went shooting and I played mahjongg.  We had such a good time because we were all slap happy for some reason and every mistake just got funnier and funnier.  Ted ordered a pizza for dinner so we wouldn't have clean up before going up to the pool patio to see the show.

Rainie, from Thunder Bay, ON is a Patsy Cline legend singer and puts on a great show.  It was very hot all day (record high of 101) but the wind whipped up cooling it off and I thought we would all be blown away!  Rainie was a trooper and didn't let the wind bother her too much!  She did have to stay put at the big mic and not walk among the audience to insure the wind didn't drown her out.  It was certainly enjoyable.



On Monday we had dentist appointments to have our teeth cleaned at 9:00 a.m. in Progreso so we were up and out by 8 a.m.  All I know is it is really dark at 7:15 CDT!   We were taken right away and heading to the pedicure place in no time,  Ted has two pedicures a year.  One when we arrive and one right before we leave.  Don't ask!  I don't know.  The guy spent a lot of time taking care of him.  

From there we stopped for coffee at Rene's and also bought the last of the meds on our list.  We were finished with our last trip to Mexico for this year.  Since we were so close we went to Premium Outlets for a few things I wanted to look at.  I found what I wanted and we were on our way in record time.  It was going on 3:00 so we stayed in the rest of the afternoon, had dinner and then watched TV.

Ted went clay bird shooting Tuesday morning and I cleaned up a bit while talking to Kara on the phone.  She is so like me and wants to get these plane tickets for Hawaii put to bed.  I have told everyone to make their own reservations because it would be like herding cats for someone other than a professional to navigate those waters.  I know there is plenty of time but told her to do whatever she is comfortable with.

In the afternoon I played mahjongg and Ted ran to Sam's and HEB.  We are doing pretty good with getting the freezer empty, so-so on the fridge and the pantry looks like we haven't used a thing.  I did have rice when Vicki rushed over Sunday asking for some to put her hearing aid in since she dropped it somewhere wet!  Today we asked if it worked and she said not the first day but it did the second.  So happy we could help and that it worked!  

We had dinner and watched TV.  It is so nice to have some new episodes instead of all the repeats!

I picked up Marisa at 9:00 on Wednesday morning to go to the beauty school for a facial.  It has been years since I had one but I agreed to go.  I was glad to hear that I should continue doing whatever I am because my skin is in great condition for someone my age.  Marisa was sold some creams but my lady declared I should just continue with my own products.  You can only expect so much out of a jar I suspect!  We had nice chats coming and going and she invited us to stay on their farm as we pass through Nebraska this summer.  We just might do that!

We had made plans for Karen and me to go shopping while Ted, Dave and Glenn shot skeet.  After they were finished we were to meet them at Cheddar's.  Our first stop was Dillard's, then Macy's and last stop TJ Maxx as we made our way west to Cheddar's.  I bought a dress to wear to Morgan's Confirmation, 3 tops and a pair of shoes.  Karen bought two dresses.  Not a shopping marathon but enough to keep us happy.

After a nice dinner we parted company with Karen and Dave heading to Llano Grande to the east and we came home west to Retama!  The March Madness screwed up our normal TV programming so we had to make do with Me TV for the evening.

Mimi lives across the street and hosts a Muffins with Mimi morning each year and it was held on Friday.  There were about 40 ladies present and everyone had a good time eating all the delicious muffins Mimi made.  The amazing thing is Mimi has to eat gluten free and is still one of the best bakers in our Village.


We played our usual games of mahjongg in the afternoon but ladies from next door joined us so we had a bigger crowd.  I won one game.  I was close a couple of times and in left field on occasion.  Sometimes the tiles just don't come together.  

At 6:00 Niles and Sue picked us up to go out to dinner.  We had a coupon for B1G1F fish and chips.  Since it was Friday we thought it a good day to use it.  They had brisket and chicken and were  pleased with the food and the prices.  We then gave them our coupon book since we will be leaving and they are here for another six weeks.  We bought it at the Expo in January and certainly got our money's worth.  I hope they get more value out of it before leaving.  I told them to pass it on to Mark and Dortha if they wanted.  We spent the balance of the evening watching TV.

One week from today we will be hooking up and heading out. It will be good to get back home.







No comments: