Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Making Appointments

Sunday Ted and the fellows went to Coyote to shoot sporting clays instead of skeet.  I, on the other hand, got to do laundry!  I will probably have one more trip before I get home to my own washer and dryer.  I have it down to a science now to minimize time and expense.  Three washers for whites, colors and darks, then two dryers splitting up the three for 20 minutes.  Then I pull out what is dry from both, consolidate what wasn't dried and do another 10 minutes.  Down to 1.5 hours and under $8!

I was home in time to make up a tray of sausage, cheese and crackers to take to our Mahjong party.  Rosie had invited our next door campground neighbors over for the afternoon.  There were 20 women in all and a bar full of food and drinks.  I held my own against these veteran players but didn't win.  The last thing to learn is determining what other hands are being played and what you need to do to stop them.  I still have lots to learn.  I did keep two ladies from winning by not throwing what I figured out they needed.  

On Monday Ted made dentist appointments for both of us, reserved our campground spot for our trip home, and for at home while unloading and cleaning.  He scheduled Richard to wash and wax the trailer the Monday before we leave and will have the truck and car detailed that same week.  I still need a hair appointment too.  We plan to stop in Victoria Saturday night so we can gas up my car, go to church and have dinner out.  Then we can drive through Houston Sunday morning before traffic gets too bad.  

Monday was also our ladies lunch and there were about 30 in attendance.  I rode with four other ladies and had as much fun coming and going as I did at the restaurant.  On the way home we stopped by our Activity Director for all of us to purchase our tickets for the Patsy Cline legend singer who is appearing here Sunday evening on the patio around the pool.


I was home only long enough to change shoes before heading to the nail salon and grocery.  When I returned we cut up orange, green and red peppers and onions and stir fried them with fajita meat.  I made some barrocho beans and warmed tortillas.  Who knew we would turn into locals when it came to eating?

Not too much went on Tuesday.  Ted received a call from Gary early and asked him to report to the range as safety officer for clay birds since I guess he couldn't for some reason.  While he was gone I colored my hair and then cleaned.  After lunch I played Mahjong winning one game and being a tile away on two others. 

For dinner I experimented with my Instant Pot.  A problem I constantly have is a freezer full of frozen food so nothing is available to cook for dinner.  I took a 3# frozen Butterball turkey breast roast (I had to run it under warm water to detach the pouch with gravy fixings), left the netting on, rubbed it with oil and seasonings and put it on the trivet in the Pot with two cups of broth.  I set it for 60 minutes after it pressurized.

Voila!  Perfect turkey breast.  I let it set while I dumped the gravy mixings into the broth, set the pot to Brown/Sear while I put Stove Top in the microwave.  That and applesauce was dinner.  The turkey was moist, tender and flavorful.  I took half the cooked turkey to Sue who had complained she had nothing to fix for dinner and included one of the three meat loaves I still have in the freezer for another day.  It is time to start emptying the pantry and refrigerator/freezer.  Ted and I both proclaimed the turkey attempt a success.

Wednesday we didn't do much of anything except for a nice visit with Ed and Marilyn next door.  We sort of crashed their patio where they had another couple visiting.  We laughed at some really funny stories!  

Thursday Ted went shooting at Mission and Sue and I shopped and had lunch at Zoe's Kitchen.  It was quite good!!  In the afternoon, three of us played impromptu mahjongg in the afternoon.  We had breakfast for dinner, my go to when nothing else is available (that frozen thing again).

Friday was more shooting and mahjong.  The weather hasn't been bad but the sun must be on vacation.  It is just easier to go to the clubhouse to play mahjongg than hang around outside.  It was after 5:00 when I came home so we hit McDonald's for Friday fish sandwiches.  

So many people are departing and things are starting to look empty with many rigs gone.  We only have two weeks left because we are leaving a week early.  I would rather be home than on the road on Easter.  We went to church, ate dinner at Cowboy Chicken and then played card bingo.  Next week is the St. Patrick's party so that was our last time to play until next year!  

God never ends anything on a negative; God always ends on a positive. Because what is negative about going home?” ~ Shannon Ald






No comments: