Sunday, November 12, 2017

Almost Time For "Over the River and Through the Woods"

We are having all of our kids here through the holidays at one time or another.  Kara and Bill will be here for Thanksgiving.  Sam and Morgan will be at Disney World with their Dad.  Kristin, Larry and his sister Maureen will be here over Christmas.  The Duda/Acosta families will be in Texas over Christmas but there are others to see so I don't know just when they will be here.  And Ted wants to leave 1/1 for the valley!  No pressure!

Saturday while I had my nails done, Jody stopped by.  She had ended up with one of my spoons and was dropping it off.  This is what I found when I got home!  A bottle of Riesling which she knows is my favorite in a beautiful bag with an F tag, her last initial, holding up my errant spoon!  She has such beautiful ideas that make gifts so very special!  I would have wrapped the spoon in a paper towel and put it on the porch chair!!  I so enjoy my creative friends. I know she reads this so "Thanks again, Jody!"

.  
I remembered to take the HEB gift cards to church but forgot my card holder for Shanghai later so we went back afterwards for it.  We played cards at Pam and Wayne's and I won!  It has been a long, dry spell and my dimes certainly enjoyed getting replenished.  I had good cards all night.  Two couples that aren't usually there came and it was a fun night.

I tackled two jobs on Sunday while Ted went shooting - cleaning the pantry and the linen closet in our bathroom.  So many things hiding in the shadows.  It won't stay straightened for long, but it's a start.

I had a doctor's appointment for Monday morning and then Canasta at 1:00.  Ted had left for Beaumont so when I arrived home I had some leftovers and then was picked up by neighbors to go to our Painting With A Twist outing.  



Van Gogh I am not!  It was a fun night and my deer didn't look like elephants but that's the best I can say!

I had to go for bloodwork first thing Tuesday morning, then meet Laura at 11:00 to pass her my card table and chairs to use for bunco next Monday.  Ted was home from Beaumont when I returned and we had a few hours before going to the GYN.  He did another ultrasound and another biopsy and told me to come back Friday morning.  And so we wait!

Wednesday was errand day.  First up was picking up my scripts from Walmart and a few groceries.  Then we bought a keypad garage door opener at Lowe's for Bill to install next door.  The problem of garbage cans needing to go in and out in their absence will be solved!  We dropped off a check and the women vet toiletries at Donna's.  Since I have to miss the meeting Friday when I go back to the doctor she will take them for me.  Dr. C called and said ALL my bloodwork was perfect and he had ordered more tests than usual.  He wants to know the outcome of my GYN issue and also the results of the Dopplar on my leg but that isn't until 12/2.  

Last stop was HEB.  We did the bulk of our grocery shopping just passing on four things that need to be bought closer to next Thursday for freshness.  After putting the things away we watched two Hallmark Christmas movies.  After a light dinner, we hunkered down for the evening.


I played Shanghai with the girls on Thursday and I won again!   My dime purse runneth over!!  I received notification that my last biopsy was again benign.  Hopefully we will get the procedure moving along now.  It is such a busy time and not being able to commit to things is getting old fast.

We arrived at 9:45 for our GYN consultation and just as we were given a room we were informed Dr L had emergency surgery and would be an hour.  They put us in at 11:00 and we took off to find a cup of coffee.  We ended up at Starbucks where we seldom go and sat outside in a beautiful morning with sunshine.  I saw a friend Janet but just waved.  A young man was there with a photographer and eventually stopped at our table.  He is running for the US House but not from our district.  He spent time with us anyway and asked if we would allow a photo with him.  Lord knows where they may end up!

Dr L saw us about 11:40 and agreed the D&C is still advised because of the problems that could develop if left alone.  But ... we need agreement of both the cardiologist and hematologist plus Medicare (first time anyone has said that) before we can schedule.  I had my calendar in my lap!  I am busy!!  We took the script to the cardiologist office and she is gone until 11/27!  They would check with the doctor who inserted my filter but if he would not sign off I need to wait.  We had better luck at the hematologist, they said they would fax what was needed Monday since he was gone for the day and call me to let me know it was done.  And so we continue to wait!

I did three loads of laundry when we got back home, had dinner and watched more Hallmark!  It is like reading a Danielle Steel book.  You know the middle and end as soon as it begins.

No comments: